Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

Question POAS Q~update WTH is this?? pic

How long past AFs due date can u still be getting BFNs and still no AF!?!?!
DH and I DTD on the 24th and I O'd the 25th (right on track) AF was due round the 9th/10th and is still not here. I have had 5 BFNs. Is it still possible that I may be PG but still not showing on a stick????
This is torture.

Has anyone ever tested and got BFNs past their AF dd and still been pg?

So I poas this am and it was neg. so i decieded to crack the test open and peek inside to see if i could get a better look and i found this line.... what is it?? evap? is the test faulty? is it a bfp?
This is an "Answer" test. they are cheap, but i was hoping they would work correctly. i used 4 $ tree ones before these.

The line appears on the strip before the window.

im sure i am over thinking this, as im sure that IF im pg, this whole pg will be like.

Advertisement

Krystal
Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~

Last edited by lil'mommakaye; 06-12-2012 at 10:42 AM.
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: POAS Q

It is possible, but not super likely. Sometimes it can take a woman several weeks to metabolize the hCG into her urine. It isn't common, but it does happen.

If I were you, I'd call for a blood test. That is the 100%. If for some reason, you weren't getting a positive HPT, you would still show the hCG in your blood. Good luck!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #3
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

Thanks Heather
AF still hasnt reared her ugly face..... Ill test again in the morning. And if i still get a BFN and AF still doesnt show. ill call my DR and get in for a blood test. DH thinks i am, im unsure (more scared then anything) Im feeling different lately. and nauseus tonight.....

Krystal
~My Star In Heaven~
Old 06-12-2012, 06:54 AM   #4
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Did you test again?
Old 06-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #5
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

yes, and another neg!!!
I am so confused and this feels like a sick joke. yet again this world or whatever it is, loves to mess with my head and heart.
How long should i wait before going to the Dr???

Krystal
~My Star In Heaven~
Old 06-12-2012, 07:13 AM   #6
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Are you sure you ovulated and didn't just sort of "gear up" and then not actually ovulate?

Are you temping?

Depending on the method, some types of NFP say that you are pregnant *if* you definitely ovulated and have a luteal phase longer than 18-21 days.

I had a 17 day luteal phase and a million negative tests a few cycles ago that was driving me crazy!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #7
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

I O'd the next morning. the 25th. my cycles are always right on too. 28/29 days 14 day ltp. i have never temped. We usually use the W/D method cause DH wasnt sure hed want to endure a "rainbow pg" after what happened to Stella. But he just stopped caring the day before I O'd and then "tried" 5Xs now this month. eventhough Im sure the 24/25th would be the only day I couldve concieved. Unless by some odd way in nature I O'd again later in my cycle and I got pg either the 28th, 30th, 5th, 7th...... but thats really pushing it and doest make sense imo. This is driving me crazy. Maybe i have crappy tests? I got 4 dollar store ones and 2 of the Answer tests. I had a dream just before i woke up that i had a BFP too.....

Krystal
~My Star In Heaven~
Old 06-12-2012, 07:36 AM   #8
brookglen
Registered Users

Sorry but what is the W/D method?

I am also a 28 days on the dot kind of gal. Last month I started using OPKs and was shocked to find that actually ovulate on day 18 or 19. Anyway, three months ago I got pregnant right away ( I eventually lost the baby, but that is beside the point), I was taking pregnancy test after test with all negative results. FOUR days after I expected my period I finally got a positive, which totally makes sense now that I know when I actually ovulate.

Anyway my point is that it is possible to get a late positive. Days to implantation can vary quite a bit.

Last edited by brookglen; 06-12-2012 at 07:38 AM.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #9
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

I have O'd more than once durring my cycle. I get a pinching feeling in my overy. Pretty much feel the cyst pop that contains the egg. Maybe I did O later? Should I wait it out longer or get a blood test? I am worried that something is wrong and that is why im not getting a pos and i will eventually lose the baby. I heard of this happening many times before, where the horomones were not there to support the pregnancy. Yet again, DH would be right. Why bother even trying anymore. Im doomed for a bad turn out. That is how it feels anyways and that is why DH didnt want to try again. We lost Stella full term for no damn reason. why not lose another? and another....... makes me want to rip my freaking uterus out.

Krystal
~My Star In Heaven~
Old 06-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #10
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: POAS Q~update WTH is this?? pic

I think that's the antibody strip? Or just where the dye stops. I've seen that on several test before