Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #11
tootsy_toes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help! Are there any Tenessee Natural Birth Mamas here???

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'ts nice to know that midwives are still respected at some hospitals. I will do a homebirth again (if I have to). The last time things just didn't go the way I hoped they would. I was happy with the care that I recieved, but I underwent a lot of unnecessary stress because my DH and I did not agree on who should be present for the birth. He won out and it caused a lot of bitterness in me toward him and my in-laws. They were not supportive of my birth choices, yet they wanted to hang out at my house while I was in labor! I prefer not to have to fight that battle again. The second time, was different. I arrived at the birthing center late at night. The only people present were my DH, doula, midwife, and nurse. I like to be left alone to let my body do what it's designed to do, and that's just how it went. Josiah was born 2 hours later. Everthing went as I had envisioned and it was a wonderful experience at the center. I'm a little afraid of hospital births because I've heard so many horror stories about doctors and nurses who don't respect the laboring mother's wishes. I guess I'm just a creature of habit, I don't like change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAsh View Post
Sorry you have to deal with all this mama! I'm not close to you, but in TN. Here's my TN birth: I had a homebirth midwife come to my house for labor and then we left for the hospital last minute and got there at 9cm, so no time for interventions!! She went along as my doula, but the OBGYN was having trouble getting me to listion, so really my midwife/doula was the one to tell me push/stop/relax/etc... She was amazing and the staff and dr were impressed as well. I am GBS+, so that's the main reason for not staying home. Hoping all works out well for you! I had so much trouble with finding the care I wanted here, so I know the stress it can cause when something isn't going according to plan!

Advertisement

Christ following wife to Andy , and Mama to N-bug ; J-bean ; and lady-K .

Blessed every day!
tootsy_toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #12
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help! Are there any Tenessee Natural Birth Mamas here???

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post
I think there's a free standing birth center in Knoxville. I'm 2 hours from there though. I hope everything works out, I had a homebirth with my second and don't want to go back to the hospital for any future children.
Yup! That is where I had my 3rd child!

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #13
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAsh
Sorry you have to deal with all this mama! I'm not close to you, but in TN. Here's my TN birth: I had a homebirth midwife come to my house for labor and then we left for the hospital last minute and got there at 9cm, so no time for interventions!! She went along as my doula, but the OBGYN was having trouble getting me to listion, so really my midwife/doula was the one to tell me push/stop/relax/etc... She was amazing and the staff and dr were impressed as well. I am GBS+, so that's the main reason for not staying home. Hoping all works out well for you! I had so much trouble with finding the care I wanted here, so I know the stress it can cause when something isn't going according to plan!
I hope you don't mind my asking, but which part of the state are you in? I've not heard of any HB midwives near me.