Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Why does it hurt so bad?

Ds is still nursing. I have wanted to wean him but he goes back and forth. I cannot get him to sleep without nursing.

Dh can and now he sleeps through the night, so I think he is starting to self wean. But he still nurses a few times a day.

The pain is h.o.r.r.i.b.l.e I do not know why. When he latches I feel like I have needles being jabbed into my nipple. As he continues to nurse the pain is gone. Even if he drops and relatches. Only that initial latch.

He has been nursing 18 months and I am now 5 month pregnant. Does that sound like its pregnancy related? Anything I can do to help.

I just gasp now and try to breath through the pain I do not know what else to do.

Advertisement

Old 06-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
Lanolin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why does it hurt so bad?

I am pretty sure it is pregancy related. I'm 18w, and my DS is 15m, you descibe the pain precisely. Sorry I don't have any cure.
Lanolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #3
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, definitely pregnancy related. It motivated me to wean my daughter by the time I was 8 months pregnant. It hurt so badly to nurse!
Old 06-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

I dont know how else to get him to sleep.

He is not nursing at certain time, so I cannot just cut out a feed here or there he is random.

I dont know how to do it.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:27 PM   #5
aries416
Registered Users
seller

I would say it's definitely nursing related. I was never able to wean my dd when I was pregnant and she's still nursing now, almost 20 months after the baby was born! I did stop nursing her to sleep so that I could control it more.

My son is going to be a beast to wean. He has no other way of soothing himself and it's how he goes to sleep as well.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Definitely sounds like it's pregnancy related. Have you tried rescue remedy?
Old 06-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #7
aubreyaks
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just nursed my DS through my pregnancy with DD. Around 5 months pregnant, that is when the pain got to be really intense and it honestly did not get better, but around that time, my milk started to change too and he started asking to nurse less and less. I didn't have the heart to wean him, but within a couple of months, we were down to one nursing a day, usually at night before bed, and by my last month of pregnancy, it was once every few days, and we went two weeks once without nursing at all. Now that DD is here and I have milk again, DS is very interested in nursing again! He does not nurse to sleep, but asks to nurse a couple times a day, and that is fine with me. Nursing through pregnancy is not a walk in the park by any means, but if it is important to you, you can do it, and your body and milk will change in a way soon that will likely decrease your bub's desire to nurse as much or he may self-wean. Sorry you are having pain, mama!
Old 06-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #8
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

That happened during my pregnancy as well. I'm fairly certain she was dry nursing because I stopped cold turkey and never felt even a bit full after it. I had to bite down on stuff while she nursed and it was too much for me to handle. We stopped at 15 months. I wanted to go longer but I was getting angry when she wanted to nurse because of the pain.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #9
lilmomma83
Registered Users

I felt like that nursing during pregnanyc too...it started getting better around 6 months, though I stayed tended until about 2 weeks postpartum.
lilmomma83 is offline   Reply With Quote