Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #111
Ky-Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Hey Mamas!

Christina, we've already "met" but I would love to add my testimony here.

DH and I have been married for 8 years. We have four children (the oldest is almost six and the youngest just turned one) and one on the way. We had always felt that children were a gift and a blessing and we always siad if you were married you should be open to any children God gives you. That being said, we did use bc, though we were picky and only used barrier. We got pregnant four times with some form of bc. We kept saying, if its God's will, no form of bc will stop it.

Three of my LO's were preemies with two of them having horrible NICU stays. I was diagnosed with several issues with my uterus and advised that it was dangerous to have more.

After my older DD was born (#3) my OB highly reccomended surgery to make sure we didn't have any more. Dh and I went home and talked about it. He admitted that he was afraid for me and any children we might conceive in the future but that he wasn't sure he felt right about the surgery. We spent the next year and a half praying and waiting on the Lord. My doctor continued to badger me about all the risks to me aand the very real possibility that the next time I got pregnant, I wouldn't carry to a point of viability.

We continued to pray and finally got our answer. One day, as clear as day, I jeard God speaking and I knew the surgery wasn't right. I told my dh and he smiled. And said he felt the sameway. A week later we found out we were expecting again.

Kerstin was the EASIEST pregnancy of them all and was born at 39 weeks, at home, into the loving arms of her daddy. She weighed a whoppimg 7lbs 2oz and was perfectly healthy. I truly feel that K was our reward for our obedience to God's desire. She was a miracle, the baby they said I wouldn't be able to carry to term.

After that, we decided it was all in God's hands. Our families think we are stupid, but I truly believe in God's providence. He is in control of all things. If he chooses to take my life, then my life is His to take. If he blesses us with a child then I believe He has a reason for that. My lige and all I have is His to take and give as He sees fit. No one can understand God's will, all we can do is trust in it.

Advertisement

Momma to four little miracles! E 07-23-2006 35wks, J 08-15-2007 32wks, A 04-21-2009 34wks, K 07-06-2011 39wks cautiously expecting #5 in Feb '13
Ky-Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #112
Ky-Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry, double post
Momma to four little miracles! E 07-23-2006 35wks, J 08-15-2007 32wks, A 04-21-2009 34wks, K 07-06-2011 39wks cautiously expecting #5 in Feb '13

Last edited by Ky-Momma; 07-15-2012 at 07:01 PM. Reason: dp
Old 07-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #113
Lexy
Registered Users

My Mood:

What a wonderfully encouraging testimony!!!! Just awesome! Do you think in KY? If so, where? I'm in Shelbyville
Old 07-16-2012, 12:39 AM   #114
Ky-Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexy View Post
What a wonderfully encouraging testimony!!!! Just awesome! Do you think in KY? If so, where? I'm in Shelbyville
I live in Fairdale, oras far.South as you can be and still technically be in Louisville
Old 07-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #115
ladeeda
Registered

What are you ladies planning on doing once you reach 40 or a bit before..will you continue to not use any birth control knowing that health risks aren't so good if you happen to conceive?
ladeeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #116
Kindermama
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladeeda View Post
What are you ladies planning on doing once you reach 40 or a bit before..will you continue to not use any birth control knowing that health risks aren't so good if you happen to conceive?
I haven't crossed that age bridge yet but I have a handful of friends who conceived and carried to term healthy babies in their mid-40s. I do have one friend who conceived at 41 but she lost her baby to a cord accident...which I guess had nothing to do with her age at all. I don't see why 40 is the magic number. Just because the medical risks goes up statistically, it doesn't mean the risks go up with God. God knows what we can handle and what we need and when. Took me a long time to realize it but, as of right now, I don't plan to change where I stand in 7 years!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #117
mvp529
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yes, definitely. Trusting God means truly trusting Him, regardless of age or circumstances. Honesty, many birth control methods are even more risky as age increases, especially hormonal bc. When we as a couple committed to allowing the Lord to direct our paths and be the Lord over ALL areas, there were no stipulations. We trust His ways and will trust Him forever with our life.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:49 PM   #118
dannimom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I echo kinder and mvp completely!
dannimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #119
Ky-Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannimom View Post
I echo kinder and mvp completely!
Yes, Me too!

It is ALREADY statistically more dangerous for me, but as my last DD proved, God has power of all circumstances. If it is His will that we have a child later on with some kind of issue, then so be it. That child would be just as loved and wanted as any of my others and I know God would give me everything I need to parent and nuture that LO.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #120
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree mamas! Age IMO doesnt matter