Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #141
TPLmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dworth629

A lot of my friends give me slack because I truly believe that they are just an amazing family and have taught me a few things personally!
Me too!

Their books are AMAZING! Especially the newest one.

Advertisement

TPLmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #142
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

I love this thread. My husband and I prevented (condoms only) for the first 6 months of marriage before we had a revelation together that God is ultimately in control. Since then we have been NTNP. I don't know when I ovulate so it's always a SURPRISE for us!

We found out on our 2nd anniversary that we were pregnant with our first. 18 months after the Lord blessed us with our amazing little man He gave us a daughter. 21 months later another little girl to love. I am pregnant with #4 who is due in October and this will be the biggest gap --24 months.

We LOVE them. We truly believe that God opens the womb and God will close the womb. We trust that He will not give us more than we can handle. Financially He has always taken care of us. Sometimes it's hard to see how it will all work out an then when it does I'm always ashamed that I had so little faith.

My husband makes a decent salary work in logistics/air freight but not enough by the world's standards to be raising 3 with another on the way. We were just blessed abundantly when the Lord made our dream of moving our family to Hawaii come true. This is where we want to raise our children and it was a HUGE decision for us to make. The Lord provided a job (with a raise) and an amazing house to rent. Life isn't always easy but we are ALWAYS blessed.

Always reminding ourselves that if we keep our eyes on Jesus we can walk on water!

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #143
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

DP

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!

Last edited by kannondicarpo; 07-26-2012 at 01:14 PM.
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #144
TPLmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannondicarpo
DP
We also have one boy & then two girls & we found out we were expecting #1 on our 2nd anniversary as well! So funny!

Thanks for sharing your story.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #145
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dworth629 View Post
A lot of my friends give me slack because I truly believe that they are just an amazing family and have taught me a few things personally!
Me too, I've learned so much from them. Their books and shows are really encouraging for me.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #146
dannimom
Registered Users

My Mood:

kannon-That is WONDERFUL!!! Eric and I are just like you guys.
dannimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #147
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE the Duggars too!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #148
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Subbing. Ill be back with our story in a bit. (Although you can see in my siggy how the Lord has blessed us )

Sent from my C771 using DS Forum excuse any typos. My phone isnt as smart as it thinks it is.
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:03 AM   #149
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPLmommy View Post
Me too!

Their books are AMAZING! Especially the newest one.
I've wanted to buy their parenting book. Do you mind sharing if they promote corporal punishment? I'm truly not trying to start a debate here, but I don't spank and I know the Duggars used to promote some parenting styles that I don't agree with. If their books have creative ideas for raising kids and discipline though, I'd love to read them!

This thread is such an encouragement. I honestly can't even imagine this being our last baby. I love being pregnant even though this has been my hardest pregnancy and I know I want two more. If God has more for us, I want to be open to that even though my biggest concern is age (I started young and would like to be "done" in my mid 30's). I'm almost sure that DH will want more once his job situation isn't so stressful, but it still hurts every time he acts negative about having more.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:37 AM   #150
TPLmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by el's mama

I've wanted to buy their parenting book. Do you mind sharing if they promote corporal punishment? I'm truly not trying to start a debate here, but I don't spank and I know the Duggars used to promote some parenting styles that I don't agree with. If their books have creative ideas for raising kids and discipline though, I'd love to read them!

This thread is such an encouragement. I honestly can't even imagine this being our last baby. I love being pregnant even though this has been my hardest pregnancy and I know I want two more. If God has more for us, I want to be open to that even though my biggest concern is age (I started young and would like to be "done" in my mid 30's). I'm almost sure that DH will want more once his job situation isn't so stressful, but it still hurts every time he acts negative about having more.
From what I can remember, they don't give any specifics on methods of discipline, its more of a heart issue. That's a sensitive subject for me as well, so I think I would have remembered anything negative.