Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #311
poohbear1208
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by newclothuser
ladies, I am inspired by you. Have 4 now, unfortunately, I will be killing breast cancer for the next year. so, please pray for me, that I come out of this totally cancer free, and still with my fertility, and NO RECURRENCES EVER!!!! and 5 boys will be even more fun than 4, Christina!
Good luck hon!!!!!! And I have 1 perfect post- breast cancer baby taking a nap now, the 2nd one on the way . Have also been cancer free for 7.5 years. You will be just fine. Hugs

Advertisement

poohbear1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #312
Babygiggles04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina2babyboys
Hmmm, I couldnt find you on FB.
Oh man!! I have a pic of my grandma and baby on my pf pic...
Old 01-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #313
jeffsgurl86
Registered Users

Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Hi! My name is Leah and this is actually my first post on the website (still trying to figure it all out :-). My husband and I have been married for 5 1/2 years and we are pregnant with number 5. We decided together before we were married to let God plan our family and haven't regretted it once. He has always watched over and provided for us and has blessed us with four beautiful boys ages 4(almost 5), 3, and identical twin 21 months olds. I have started homeschooling our 5 year old and feel so blessed to be able to stay home with my kiddos. Good to see a few like minded ladies out there! God bless you all and your growing families!
jeffsgurl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #314
MSmith88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just had to jump on here to share! I was praying last month that I would be able to surprise my hubby with pregnancy news on Christmas morning! However, it didn't work out that way BUT I did get to surprise him this month! We are now 6 weeks along! I will be praying circles around this baby! My DD will be 23months exactly on this ones due date!

Also, wanted to share that this thread is a blessing.
MSmith88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:04 PM   #315
Babygiggles04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith88 View Post
I just had to jump on here to share! I was praying last month that I would be able to surprise my hubby with pregnancy news on Christmas morning! However, it didn't work out that way BUT I did get to surprise him this month! We are now 6 weeks along! I will be praying circles around this baby! My DD will be 23months exactly on this ones due date!

Congrats!!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #316
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awww, thanks! And Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith88 View Post

Old 01-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #317
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Leah! That is awesome! Welcome!!

That is so wonderful! We have five boys ages 6 to 1 month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsgurl86 View Post
Hi! My name is Leah and this is actually my first post on the website (still trying to figure it all out :-). My husband and I have been married for 5 1/2 years and we are pregnant with number 5. We decided together before we were married to let God plan our family and haven't regretted it once. He has always watched over and provided for us and has blessed us with four beautiful boys ages 4(almost 5), 3, and identical twin 21 months olds. I have started homeschooling our 5 year old and feel so blessed to be able to stay home with my kiddos. Good to see a few like minded ladies out there! God bless you all and your growing families!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:39 PM   #318
IsabelsMama
Registered Users
Formerly: k***11
seller

I am curious to get some input on what you ladies would do if there was a legitimate health risk to getting pregnant again within a certain time frame? I am inspired by the way you have left everything up to God. I have a very strong faith and powerful testimony of how I came to know the Lord, one visit to my blog will show that this statement is honest, in case anyone is doubtful based on the spirit of my question. All that to say I am not looking to spark a debate or stir the pot, just legitimately looking for input from this group!

My situation currently is that I had a c-section with a classical (vertical) incision 9 weeks ago. We lost our baby girl after she lived 10 hours, and the doctor has recommended 3-6 months of healing at a bare minimum before getting pregnant again (the more common recommendation is 12-15 months), in order to strengthen the scar and reduce the very real risk of uterine rupture in a future pregnancy (to clarify, I am not attempting a vbac...there is no doctor in my area who would support it after a vertical incision anyway). The risk of uterine rupture is actually present even during the second trimester before labor would ever begin. Uterine rupture can be fatal especially if it happens at home and I have DH, DD, and DS to think about. So, with that longer-than-planned story, if any of you were in a similar situation, would any of you consider charting to be aware of when you are likely ovulating, and avoiding dtd during those times?
BF'ing and pumping, CD'ing, babywearing, semi-crunchy, circ'ing, vax'ing, extended RF, non-cosleeping, married to DH for 8 yrs, WOHM (love my job but miss my kids during the day) mama to Isabel 12-24-07, Josiah 01-29-10 born at 32w, and missing my angel baby Abigaile Grace 11-26-12 born at 23w. My blog about our journey through this loss.
~1 Thess. 5:16-17~
IsabelsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 06:17 AM   #319
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Isabelsmama- first off for your loss.

For us we would probably 1. Not Dtd for 2-3 months. I've had a c-s (bikini cut not classic) and hmmm no. Very painful. Took 6 months to even enjoy Dtd. So for a time we would do other things to keep both of us satisfied and intimate. Also in cases of long-term health issues (cancer, etc) obviously I would hope the husband cared enough to sacrifice his own desires for his wife and be satisified with her by other means. 2. I don't have issues with charting personally. I know some do but I think knowing your fertility signs is not a bad thing. I've never officially charted but I do know when I'm ovulating based on cm and timing (but I'm regular and some aren't).
In the end, I trust God no matter. I believe He does know what's best for me and my family/children. While thinking of death, its scary but what is death compared to eternity? Do we ever have assurance against death? Any one of us can walk out the door today and die. The bible says God has each of our days numbered (psalm 139). He knows every day we will live and He made them.

I think you should have this time not only for you both to heal physically but emotionally. Losing a child is mind and soul numbing. It's a grief unlike any other. Praying for you and your family during this difficult time.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #320
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsabelsMama View Post
I am curious to get some input on what you ladies would do if there was a legitimate health risk to getting pregnant again within a certain time frame? I am inspired by the way you have left everything up to God. I have a very strong faith and powerful testimony of how I came to know the Lord, one visit to my blog will show that this statement is honest, in case anyone is doubtful based on the spirit of my question. All that to say I am not looking to spark a debate or stir the pot, just legitimately looking for input from this group!

My situation currently is that I had a c-section with a classical (vertical) incision 9 weeks ago. We lost our baby girl after she lived 10 hours, and the doctor has recommended 3-6 months of healing at a bare minimum before getting pregnant again (the more common recommendation is 12-15 months), in order to strengthen the scar and reduce the very real risk of uterine rupture in a future pregnancy (to clarify, I am not attempting a vbac...there is no doctor in my area who would support it after a vertical incision anyway). The risk of uterine rupture is actually present even during the second trimester before labor would ever begin. Uterine rupture can be fatal especially if it happens at home and I have DH, DD, and DS to think about. So, with that longer-than-planned story, if any of you were in a similar situation, would any of you consider charting to be aware of when you are likely ovulating, and avoiding dtd during those times?
PMing you from someone who believes this option is a personal conviction and that we all should leave childbearing upto God, but that means different things for different people. Above all, seek HIS personal will for your life...
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote