Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #51
mommmy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else leave their childbearing up to God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weesej View Post
Does anyone here fear having too many kids/more that they can handle? This is something that is always on my mind. I've been pregnant pretty much every year since I've been with DH and I'm only 25 which means I still have 10ish years left of fertility and the thought that I could get pregnant each of those years really freaks me out :/

Normally fertility slows as you get older. i can't tell you how often I see a mom with loads of little ones from her 20's then it spaces way out in her 30's and maybe has 1 or 2 in her 40's. I had 7 in my 20's and YES it could be overwhelming at times. I had 1 at 30 and will have another now at 33, so already we can see I am NOT on track to have 7 in my 30's

A good friend once told me that once our oldest hit age 10 (if well trained) we get more and more helpers rather than more and more babies. What a blessing!! I might have the same # of toddlers and babies, etc but I have more hands to help around the house! My 11 DD has been such a blessing now that I am feeling yucky with #9.
Well this is somewhat comforting. Thanks to those who replied to my comment I was really hoping to have some more time before getting pregnant with #5 but am starting to come to peace that this is how God wants it to be and everyday I see how great it is to have children close in age when I see my other kids playing with each other so I suppose this is truly a blessing to be expecting again so soon..

Advertisement

Emily , SAHM to Ava (08/08), Connor (01/10), Adrian (01/11), Logan (12/11) , Hannah and Olivia (12/12) , and expecting #100
mommmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #52
dannimom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Just noticed-Our hubby's have the same name! And I agree that having them close is great! Gives them plenty of playmates.

Last edited by dannimom; 06-23-2012 at 04:15 PM.
dannimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #53
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

I always thought we would, but for health reasons we are done. We have 7 children, ages 7, 6, 5, almost 4, 2.5, 15 months and almost 4 months. I am 26 years old now, and I never thought I would be done having kids at 25.

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #54
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aww, so sorry mama! ((HUGS))

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBananas View Post
I always thought we would, but for health reasons we are done. We have 7 children, ages 7, 6, 5, almost 4, 2.5, 15 months and almost 4 months. I am 26 years old now, and I never thought I would be done having kids at 25.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #55
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

BTW I have been following Avery on Facebook! She is so beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBananas View Post
Old 06-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #56
OrangeBananas
Registered Users
Formerly: Savannah+6
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina2babyboys View Post
Aww, so sorry mama! ((HUGS))
Quote:
BTW I have been following Avery on Facebook! She is so beautiful!
Thanks, it is okay though. I am completely at peace with the fact that we are done. I am incredibly blessed, and I wouldn't have it any other way! And thank you we think she is pretty great .

OrangeBananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #57
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, I say it's always up to God. LOL

We were doing NFP. We had sex ONE TIME in my fertile window WITH a condom.... and got pregnant with this DD. LOL

I know it's not exactly what you were talking about.. but still... LOL

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:55 AM   #58
Earthy Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Nice to meet you Alicia! I have seen you on here before.

Hi Sarah! Nice to meet you as well. The Lord does provide. Just keep on trusting him. I know it is hard sometimes! My husband and I are really young and have very little money. I stay at home and he works overnight at Sams. We make like $12000-$14000 a year with 4 going on 5 little ones. But the Lord always meets our needs. We dont take any help from the government at all. We have no insurance. But Jesus always provides. Look to Him and have hope.
sorry for lurking here...a little off subject, but i think i need to take budgetting lessons from u mama!
Old 06-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #59
christina2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthy Momma View Post
sorry for lurking here...a little off subject, but i think i need to take budgetting lessons from u mama!
Old 06-23-2012, 06:20 AM   #60
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

to the poster who said the fertility slows down....it doesn't for some of us . I only have a break between my 4th and 5th bc XH had a vas. As soon as DH and I got married, I got pregnant the 1st time we dtd. Then with our 2nd, as soon as I ovulated (DS was 15 mo) I got pregnant and I was (am) 41 at the time!

I have a question....or more a comment? I have a friend who leaves her childbearing up to God, but she doesn't like kids. She feels God has called her to have children and raise them, and she is perfectly pleasant them and loves them...but doesn't really like them. I think if that was the case with me, I wouldn't leave it up to God? Right now, for me, I would have 100 children if God saw fit, but DH is (btw, he is not a Christian) putting the cabosh on having more kids even though he wants them as well. I have a kidney disease and with my last baby (he is 4 wks today), my BP spiked so high and in labor they were pumping BP meds in me, worried I would stroke out (I didn't even feel *off* just in normal labor!) and so he keeps saying that I almost died and he won't risk it, like we have 2 healthy babies (my other 4 are his stepsons) and he is worried the next time, I will die or the baby will