Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #11
cacasey1981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspnut82
I want to do this for the kids for school. Does anyone have pics of how theirs are packed? Like I've seen them in the tray all cute and stuff but I want to see where you go from there. Do you just put it in a tie bag like the ones that come with some of the containers, a soft sided lunch bag, hard lunch box...? I want to see how it goes out of the house with the kids.
The blog I mentioned earlier shows her setups and recommended lunchboxes

Sent from my DROID2 using DS Forum

Advertisement

Wife to Brandon - my high school sweetheart (Oct 00), delaying vaccs as best we can and WOH parents to Trent (Nov 08) our intact, formerly ERF, slightly son and Lilly (May 12) our , maybe one day , and (for now) daughter (my hypnobaby).
cacasey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:00 AM   #12
pharmmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bento?

I use the Laptop Lunch system. I like how flexible it is. I don't do the entire Bento thing with all the pictures and cutters and what-not, but I did get some egg molds from Amazon, and have picked up some other little things (mostly from the local dollar store). For simple Bento style check out http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/ , just go all the way back to 2005 in the archives on the left hand side for the lunches, and feel free to use meat instead of all the fake vegan stuff. Lots of good ideas, and she has a picture and a score for every day.
Pharmacist, wife to a nerdy chemist, and proud mama to Leta (12/2006), Derek (4/2009) and Viola (7/2012). Now if only I could figure out a way to quit my job and still pay my student loans all would be well with the world.
pharmmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:05 AM   #13
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just started packing a bento box lunch for DD to take to preschool. I can take some pictures tonight. Nothing fancy though. DD's bento box is 360ml, very small but just the right size to squeeze into her Skip Hop lunchbag and stay upright.

A Daiso just opened up near my house recently. I've been stopping in on a regular basis to pick up random household stuff there and that's where I got all my bento accessories. I'll post pictures of those later tonight too. If anyone needs something from Daiso, I'll be happy to ship for you if you cover the cost and shipping. Not that I need another excuse to go to Daiso.

Last edited by Shimpie; 06-25-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:59 PM   #14
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD went to bed early today, so I had a little more time to spend on her lunch than usual. Here's what I packed in her bento box for tomorrow: sunflower seed butter and jelly sandwich stars, cheese cubes, carrots, grapes, and bell peppers. You can't really tell in the picture, but the cheese cubes are packed in a little oval shaped silicone cup to separate them from the bread.

It all fits into her lunch bag like so. The bento box is the same width as the bag depth, so it wedged in there and won't tip. There's a container of milk on top and a little box of strawberry yogurt chips. I'll freeze the milk overnight so that it can thaw out by lunch. That's my built-in ice pack.

Here are all the $1.50 bento supplies that came from Daiso. The orange thing on the right is a "veggie slicer" that I use as a cheese slicer. It's not exactly a bento item, but I threw in the picture because that's the best $1.50 I've ever spent.

Last edited by Shimpie; 06-26-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #15
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

There is a poll going on right now in co op chat to decide which lunch type container buy will run next.
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:33 PM   #16
babynme8
Registered Users
seller
seller

I ended up getting the goodbyn original http://store.goodbyn.com/category_s/38.htm and they are huge! I can't find a lunch bag for it to fit in. I contacted the company and they sell bags but they are meant for the new smaller bynto. They said the original is meant to go straight into the backpack. I bought a sectioned ice pack and cut them into smaller "cubes" and they fit inside now. He went to scout camp last week and I packed his lunch and he LOVED it! I might look into getting a set of the Easy Lunchboxes just incase the goodbyn doesn't work out during school. Oh and I found an awesome cheap website to order from http://www.fitjpstore.com/
babynme8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #17
Windexqueen22
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynme8
I ended up getting the goodbyn original http://store.goodbyn.com/category_s/38.htm and they are huge! I can't find a lunch bag for it to fit in. I contacted the company and they sell bags but they are meant for the new smaller bynto. They said the original is meant to go straight into the backpack. I bought a sectioned ice pack and cut them into smaller "cubes" and they fit inside now. He went to scout camp last week and I packed his lunch and he LOVED it! I might look into getting a set of the Easy Lunchboxes just incase the goodbyn doesn't work out during school. Oh and I found an awesome cheap website to order from http://www.fitjpstore.com/
We have been using this for about 3 years and LOVE it! If I send anything perishable like yogurt or juice I freeze it the night before so by the time lunch rolls around it is still cold but thawed! It is still in perfect condition and hasn't stained at all! Some of the stickers have fallen off though!
Windexqueen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #18
babynme8
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windexqueen22 View Post
We have been using this for about 3 years and LOVE it! If I send anything perishable like yogurt or juice I freeze it the night before so by the time lunch rolls around it is still cold but thawed! It is still in perfect condition and hasn't stained at all! Some of the stickers have fallen off though!
Can I ask how you send it to school? I'm worried DS won't be able to seal it all the way and then throw it in his backpack and we'll have a huge mess.
Old 07-10-2012, 12:10 AM   #19
Windexqueen22
Registered Users
seller

Well DS is in preschool and the teachers help seal it! The trick is push the middle parts down and then work your way around the outside! I will try to remember to take a picture this week to show you
Windexqueen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:31 AM   #20
babynme8
Registered Users
seller
seller

DS has tried to seal but misses some of it. I guess I just need to sit him down and have him practice.