Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-12-2012, 01:34 PM   #21
mebl0901
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bento?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpie View Post
DD went to bed early today, so I had a little more time to spend on her lunch than usual. Here's what I packed in her bento box for tomorrow: sunflower seed butter and jelly sandwich stars, cheese cubes, carrots, grapes, and bell peppers. You can't really tell in the picture, but the cheese cubes are packed in a little oval shaped silicone cup to separate them from the bread.

It all fits into her lunch bag like so. The bento box is the same width as the bag depth, so it wedged in there and won't tip. There's a container of milk on top and a little box of strawberry yogurt chips. I'll freeze the milk overnight so that it can thaw out by lunch. That's my built-in ice pack.

Here are all the $1.50 bento supplies that came from Daiso. The orange thing on the right is a "veggie slicer" that I use as a cheese slicer. It's not exactly a bento item, but I threw in the picture because that's the best $1.50 I've ever spent.

Great job, mama! That is super cute. I have to ask - where did you get that Hello Kitty lunch box? My DD would LOVE that! And it looks small enough to just put a snack in for preschool? The backpack is adorable, too!!

Advertisement

Old 07-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #22
blackbirdmama*3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What would everyone use for a 3.5 year old? My dd is going to pre-k 3 this year for speech but is required to be there all day I've never packed for anyone under 5 before. I would like to get her a planetbox but idk if that will be too much for her to handle. She is a bigger 3 year old wearing 4t and 5t clothing if that helps. She also has decent fine motor skills.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #23
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebl0901 View Post
Great job, mama! That is super cute. I have to ask - where did you get that Hello Kitty lunch box? My DD would LOVE that! And it looks small enough to just put a snack in for preschool? The backpack is adorable, too!!
Awwww, thanks. I found the Hello Kitty bento box at the local "Sanrio" store. There are lots of them in my neighborhood. This shop was moving so everything left in the store was 50% off. Hello Kitty bento boxes have a huge mark-up for the Hello Kitty name. I wouldn't normally buy a Hello Kitty box since they usually run about $25 full price. You can find them online at places like Bento USA or Casa Bento.

This bento is a 360ml bento box, which is equivalent to a 12 oz container. Most Hello Kitty boxes are sold for kids, so they'll be around the 360-400ml size.
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #24
babynme8
Registered Users
seller
seller

I got my goodies in the mail today - Can't wait for school to start!
babynme8 is offline   Reply With Quote