Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2012, 04:46 AM   #1
colormetura
Registered Users
seller

Shot elastic

I bought a whole bunch of bigger dipes last week while we were out of town and the postman delivered them all yesterday with our held mail. I checked them all as I opened packages - they all looked okay I thought but there were quite a few and I was distracted by the kids...anyway, I threw them in the wash.

I see this morning that one of them has shot elastic I think. I've never seen it before but when I lay it flat, there is little to no bunching in the leg area. I bought two of the same dipe from this seller and the second one is a little better but not much - they would both need new elastic.

I always ask about elastic before buying but from some reason I didn't in this case :-/ The seller did make a point of saying the diapers were USED over and over. I can't do anything now that I've washed them, right?

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2012, 04:51 AM   #2
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Shot elastic

generally once you wash something there isnt anything else you can do. Sorry Mama
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:26 AM   #3
Kristi26
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, once you wash them, they are yours. You can try reselling...
-Kristi,wife(5/02), , HSing, CDing,SAHM to Andrew(1/00), Lukas(2/03),Lily (1/06),and Ian (5/09) !Sweet Gwen, stillborn, 12/26/11, angel baby 7/08 Free History plans and more here: http://themommywriter.blogspot.com/
Kristi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:36 AM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I assume bg or another non adjustable dipe. So yes wash equal no recourse but u could resell & see what u get.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:41 AM   #5
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

can you sew at all? FWIW elastic is pretty easy to replace. and Cotton babies sells refresher kits (i think it has aplix and elastic in it) for like a dollar, but even if its not a BG the new elastic should still work, and you can pick that up pretty reasonably priced from Joannes
TTC #4
Old 06-12-2012, 06:31 AM   #6
colormetura
Registered Users
seller

Just saw that there is a huge hole on one side of the lining of the other diaper (it's an AI2 so there is a soaker over it - probably how I missed it- but still...) I can fit at least one whole finger through it and maybe a bit more. I'm a bit irritated at the seller now - I'm sure she knew since she insisted over and over that they were USED - but that does not mean that shot elastic and gaping holes are okay and should not be disclosed! These probably should have been FFS.

Kicking myself now for not checking better before washing. Lesson learned!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #7
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormetura View Post
Just saw that there is a huge hole on one side of the lining of the other diaper (it's an AI2 so there is a soaker over it - probably how I missed it- but still...) I can fit at least one whole finger through it and maybe a bit more. I'm a bit irritated at the seller now - I'm sure she knew since she insisted over and over that they were USED - but that does not mean that shot elastic and gaping holes are okay and should not be disclosed! These probably should have been FFS.

PP's are right, once you wash them, they are yours. Have you messaged the seller?
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:15 AM   #8
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

I still think its worth messaging the seller, she may be willing to do a partial refund
TTC #4
Old 06-12-2012, 08:00 AM   #9
lilylouhoo
Registered Users
Formerly: lilylouwho
seller
seller

Were these sitting in a shelf somewhere for a long time before she sold them? Sometimes the elastic is bad but it doesn't totally fall apart until you wash it so it looks ok at first. In those cases the no washing rule doesn't apply.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #10
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormetura View Post

That's frustrating! Just stating they were used was not enough on her behalf. I mean, a diaper used once is used! She should have disclosed the issues. That sucks