Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2012, 07:56 AM   #1
chloecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cross your fingers for us please!!!

We are looking at a piece of property not far from our current home. It's 27 acres of farm land, already planted with lush hay fields and is mostly hill and valley type landscape. Just a few small woodlines. this is EXACTLY what we've been looking for for years now. and because of the location we would stay in the same school district and everything. it's just too good to be true.

one problem--the real estate company won't talk to my agent. they want me to call them directly to set up an appt. my agent is my best friend and i really don't want to screw her out of a potential sale. but i really really really don't want to lose this property. or have them sell it to someone else without even getting to look at it or make an offer.

i had her call about it yesterday morning and they said they'd "get back to her" and still have not done that. it's only been on the market for 15 days so i'm worried that they have another buyer/looker and are not willing to allow us to look. is that even legal?

Advertisement

Old 06-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
How odd they wouldnt talk to your realator...if an offer has been put in they should talk to her. Every time we've bought a house ppl put in offers after us just in case. Anyhow good luck and many positive thoughts for yall!

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).

Last edited by my2sweets; 06-12-2012 at 09:51 AM.
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Dp

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).

Last edited by my2sweets; 06-12-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Tp?

Last edited by my2sweets; 06-12-2012 at 09:50 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #5
HisFadedStar
Registered Users
seller
seller

If they won't talk to your realtor because they don't want to pay a buyers commission, that may be against the realtors code of ethics that they must follow to be licensed. I would look up your state realtor licensing agency and call them and see what they say. We had a problem with a buyers realtor not practicing ethically and the licensing board was a huge help.
HisFadedStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
DCAMama
Registered Users
Formerly: dm**ge
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cross your fingers for us please!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisFadedStar View Post
If they won't talk to your realtor because they don't want to pay a buyers commission, that may be against the realtors code of ethics that they must follow to be licensed. I would look up your state realtor licensing agency and call them and see what they say. We had a problem with a buyers realtor not practicing ethically and the licensing board was a huge help.
I have to totally agree. Why else would they not talk to your realtor? Sounds fishy to me. You could always call them, set up an appointment to see it and bring your realtor with you. You don't want to go into anything like that without someone that knows the ins and outs.

Good luck
Old 06-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #7
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wow sounds like a great place! I know nothing about real estate but I hope it works out for you!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:26 AM   #8
chloecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks guys, we actually got to see it last night. we walked the whole perimeter and some of the inside fields too. of course it had just thunderstormed, so we were completely soaked by the time we finished!! lol. but---i think we'll be putting an offer in later this week.

thanks and i'll keep you updated if we get it!! now to find a house plan that dh and i both agree on!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #9
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Good luck!
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote