Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
freaking mess

Anyone else a worried mess about miscarriage?

I know bfing isn't supposed to affect pregnancy but my mind keeps racing about what if it's causing low progesterone or whatever and i keep wiping and looking for red.

Sigh...i really want to just wait until i can hear a hb on the stethescope and not go in for an early u/s or bw but i really didn't expect to be this much of a wreck.

Both of my kids were concieved on fertility drugs (clomid and trigger shots) and we lost 3 in between them. I also took progesterone through 15 weeks with Michael although my levels were ok.

This is my first natural pregnancy and i can't help but think my body can't do this...sigh...

Advertisement

~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

Go get some progesterone cream from your local health food store. It won't hurt to apply it a few times a day or if you have any cramps. Congrats!
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sorry, I totally crashed your ddc. Came up on new posts.
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
brookglen
Registered Users

Yes it's really a scary reality because miscarriage is just such a common thing. I had my freak out last week when spotting started, got put on progesterone, and now I feel pretty good about things.

Have you spoken to your doctor or midwife? Talking to my doc really put my mind at ease and also (even though I despise the practice) getting my betas done. Seriously, seeing that number just kind of solidified things for me.

Additionally, I don't think there is a single pregnant woman out there who hasn't kind of been gun shy about seeing blood when they go to the bathroom. I was actually talking to someone about this the other day. She said she spent every day of her first trimester expecting it and it never happening.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: freaking mess

Girl I hear ya.... I am so sorry. I was rather blissfully pregnant with DD but it's hard after multiple losses. I must admit I too look for blood every time I wipe... plus I cramp all the time. I cramped with DD for the first trimester so it's not abnormal for me but it still makes me nervous. I still am peeing on a stick occasionally just to see that second line be darker than the first even though I know so many things can change.... I am counting downt the days until I can see that HB.... and be out of the first trimester!!

Hugs and grace grace. We are gonna get through this. I am sorry that you are feeling scared and nervous.
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #6
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry mama I know it's a scary thought. I check every time I go to the bathroom. Have you talked to your dr. or mw if you're really concerned about it?
Old 06-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #7
Hunny Bunny Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: KalleS
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am a total wreck too I am still BF'ing...but I also BF'd through my last two pregnancies without issue. I had some spotting last week, but my progesterone was borderline low so my mw started Prometrium & the spotting has stopped so far. I am still ultra paranoid everytime I go to the bathroom for fear of seeing blood.

My newest paranoia is that the Prometrium might mask a miscarriage so I wouldn't even know until I get in for an u/s, and I couldn't get one scheduled until the 25th. I am considering asking to have my betas done again this week, but that just makes me crazy so dh doesn't think it's a good idea. The only thing that is reassuring me at all right now is that my HG which I've had with all my babies has obviously set in this week. I have been throwing up constantly & am feeling very weak & dehydrated.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #8
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm nervous too. My boys were easy pregnancies, but I always check when I wipe. My BFF just had a m/c 3 weeks ago and after seeing my mom go through a few growing up, I get really nervous. FX and praying we all make it!
Old 06-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #9
lisha622
Registered Users
seller

*Hugs* Mama. These first weeks are tough, especially for someone in your situation. If it helps you to see numbers or an u/s, then do it. Put your mind at ease
Old 06-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #10
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

bfing, cramping on & off somestimes on one side down there, chills sometime (I'm like cold blooded) & not feeling like pucking my guts out like my last 2.had a bit of spotting last week not with last 2. Horrid headaches on & off since memorial labor day weekend ( place we were at was like 60 inside & 90 out so I figured no wonder 4 my headaches from heat to cold- I get lots). I have felt like I'm gonna start period & not the preg even though did test like thurs or Friday last week. Had brown discharge & some yellow....I know tmi ( not with others). So I know how u feel. Sooner than planned & baby now 14mo is still really cleangy & I'm home alone at nights. I have 7 yr too. Not sure if I should call & ask nurse. I have read upon misscarriages & tubuals & all & something else & ..... well idk.......
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote