Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #11
Holly_Anne618
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone in denial?

I, too, am in a bit of denial. We had just decided to start trying, and I was waiting around for my period to show up. After being late, I took a test, and just stared at it. I thought we had missed my ovulation date as well...so it's shocking. Just trying to remain calm through the first trimester

Advertisement

Angel Baby 4.8.2009
Holly_Anne618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:09 PM   #12
haddockhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

POAS for the second time today... Still BFP!!
LOL
haddockhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #13
almostcrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm still in a bit of denial here. We were not planning on more, and I have to say that at times I feel very upset about it, but I know that in just a few months this pregnancy will feel like the blessing it truly is......
Old 06-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #14
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Girl I hear ya here as well.... we have secondary infertility related to me having stage four endometriosis and have been TTC for 2.5 years with two early losses last year. I finally had surgery in Jan (and discovered the endo) followed by three rounds of depot lupron and was waiting for my cycle to come back since lupron puts you in a temporary state of menopause. We had been trying so hard for so long I am still in shock that we didn't even try and we are pregnant!! I swore that would never be able to happen to me because I am so aware of my cycle. I would never have tested either except we were going to celebrate our anniversary with some sangria and what not so I just wanted to "make sure" and almost passed out when I saw that second line. I had to pee on 7 more tests ( all different) before I would even believe it was finally real.

I am still getting HCG levels tested several times a week and haven't told very many people because I am a tad nervous about being too excited at this point but man.... I so hope we both make it too Feb with our sweet bundles of joy and the long years of TTC will all be worth every minute.

Glad to have someone else in similar shoes.... what is your due date????
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #15
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalakiwi7 View Post
Girl I hear ya here as well.... we have secondary infertility related to me having stage four endometriosis and have been TTC for 2.5 years with two early losses last year. I finally had surgery in Jan (and discovered the endo) followed by three rounds of depot lupron and was waiting for my cycle to come back since lupron puts you in a temporary state of menopause. We had been trying so hard for so long I am still in shock that we didn't even try and we are pregnant!! I swore that would never be able to happen to me because I am so aware of my cycle. I would never have tested either except we were going to celebrate our anniversary with some sangria and what not so I just wanted to "make sure" and almost passed out when I saw that second line. I had to pee on 7 more tests ( all different) before I would even believe it was finally real.

I am still getting HCG levels tested several times a week and haven't told very many people because I am a tad nervous about being too excited at this point but man.... I so hope we both make it too Feb with our sweet bundles of joy and the long years of TTC will all be worth every minute.

Glad to have someone else in similar shoes.... what is your due date????
Feb 15th.

It is still surreal. I look at my tests every day. I check my boobs every morning. I am holding off on the test taking as I only have 2 more while in Seattle.

I have PCOS (well not now that I went gluten free) and I thought we would never have another child. I had a MC 18 months ago and 9 before that. But ALL of them never had HPT as positive as the OP. I would MC before AF was due or right after.

I have to keep telling myself "I am pregnant". Though having the U/S probably will help.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:59 AM   #16
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

liesl-i totally know how you feel...i had endo removed too and both of my kids were fertility treatment babies...and the 3 losses...what a roller coaster...i am so glad you are here with us!
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #17
newtocloth2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not really denial, I just feel that its almost too good to be true. We were trying for 12 cycles. My husband knows, but we haven't told anyone else yet. Part of me is so excited to finally be pregnant that I want to tell everyone I know, and part of me is scared about a miscarriage and to not tell yet. Right now I intend to tell close friends and family either next week or the next.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:24 PM   #18
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

kaylabelle- wow... i feel the same way... the tests finally have two lines but I have been squinting for so long it's hard to believe that they are real!!! I also lost my little beans previously really early on. I would get positives clearly at 9dpo and then they would just stay the same and eventually get lighter and lighter until about 15-16dpo. I even would get pos on digitals but then AF would come a few days later.

That is how they discovered the endo and that I was having implantation issues secondary to inflammation.

So glad that this could be it for us finally!!!! Already feels so different. I am exhausted all the time! And yes I check my breasts too every day ha... So funny the things we do to keep our hopes up!

Rachel- you too! I am glad to be along side ladies who have walked a similar path. It's hard to explain and nice to have support! I love your avatar BTW~
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:47 AM   #19
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks liesl...i keep wanting to update it...but it's my favorite picture...although he is 20 months old now.
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #20
mommmy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am in denial I think. I'm grateful to be able to bring another life into the world but the timing is a lot earlier than I wanted. I actually cried a bit when I got the positive test but am recovering and starting to look forward to this pregnancy and new bundle of joy. Looking forward to spending the next 9 months together
Emily , SAHM to Ava (08/08), Connor (01/10), Adrian (01/11), Logan (12/11) , Hannah and Olivia (12/12) , and expecting #100
mommmy is offline   Reply With Quote