Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #11
KatieGrace
Registered Users
Formerly: katiebelle
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please help....Freaking OUT! What is going on???

Thanks for all of the replies! Just a little update... I talked to the head lactation consultant at our hospital the same day I wrote this...She said it sounded like my supply was borderline and that she was a little concerned that it dropped SO much overnight, but that I should be able to get it back up. Soo, I pumped after EVERY feeding... I pumped every hour during the times he was asleep, and I woke up and pumped every 2 hours during the night. This is all on top of his regular feedings. I also ate 20 oz oatmeal every day and started Motherlove More Milk Special Blend capsules. After 2 days, I could tell a HUGE difference! In fact, now, my supply is even better than it was before. After almost 2 days of all the extra pumping, I backed down a little. Now, I'm pumping once at 5 am, feeding baby before I leave for work at about 6:30, then I pump at 9 am and noon at work, and then once sometime in the afternoon while he naps after I'm home. Yesterday, with those 4 pumpings, I ended up with 22 oz. I think I'm going to keep this schedule so I'm hoping that it will stay up now. If not, I'll just increase my pumpings again. Thanks for all of the encouragement. I really appreciate it!!

eta- I also have made sure to really increase my water intake as well.

Advertisement

https://www.facebook.com/kimberlyajones.origamiowl
KatieGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #12
Greenebean214
Registered Users
seller

I'm hoping its just your AF coming back. My supply TANKS the three days before AF comes. Hugs, Mama, hope it works itself out!

Welcomed Liberty Grace May 12, 2011!
Greenebean214 is offline   Reply With Quote