Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2012, 04:55 AM   #1
MangoMama
Registered Users
seller

Laboring tub...

So where I live, we deliver with midwives at our small hospital. We have no epidurals or c-sections, so we are sent somewhere else to deliver if we have any type of complications or uneasiness.
We have a laboring tub, but I believe that actual Waterbirth is not permitted. Anyone have experience laboring in the water and then needing to get out to deliver?

Advertisement

MangoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:28 AM   #2
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Laboring tub...

I did, but I had a horrible cold and couldn't get up the strength to push her out in the tub. Once I got out and ate something, I was good!
Old 06-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #3
lilly12
Registered Users
seller

I had my DD in water, next time I think I'll labor in water and I might get out for delivering her.
lilly12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
MaterofJacob
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I (like a pp) had a really bad cold and when it got near time to push I was so exhausted that labor was slowing down. So I had to get out to try to get things going again.

Check out my IHA/ISO: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...5#post16697295
MaterofJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
UmmKira
Registered Users
seller

I had a full water birth, but a friend of mine had to get out of the tub for birth and she said it was pretty rotten! It sounds like she was in transition, so having to move from a place of comfort stunk.

Sent from my phone using DS Forum

Come check out my homeschool blog!
UmmKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #6
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:

I labored in a tub and then got out to deliver. I didn't think it was bad at all. I stayed in the tub until I was pretty much complete and then got out in between contractions and moved over to the bed to deliver. I remember they had these heated blankets that they put over me after I got onto the bed, and then another one over DD when she was on my chest after delivery, I found it comforting...

While I thought laboring in the tub was great, I'm not sure I would want to deliver in the water - although I know plenty love it!
Old 06-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #7
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmKira View Post
I had a full water birth, but a friend of mine had to get out of the tub for birth and she said it was pretty rotten! It sounds like she was in transition, so having to move from a place of comfort stunk.

Sent from my phone using DS Forum
Ew, no, moving during transition would have been terrible! My midwife helped me move during that "lull" after transition has passed but right before pushing.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #8
rosefall
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
That was the policy when I had my son, it wasn't too bad, but I moved after transition and really hardly got to be in the water at all. With DD it didn't work out for me to get in at all.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #9
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My hospital is remodeling L&D and adding birth tubs, but actual delivery is not allowed. I plan on using the tub next time but with my past experience with crazy fast deliveries (last one was only 27min) I'm not sure I'll have time to actually get out of the water.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #10
SarahS12
Registered Users

I labored in the water and it was AMAZING. It was incredibly difficult to get out and get into the bed. I got out at 8 cm because I wasn't progressing. If I hadn't ended up with a c section I honestly don't think I would have been able to get out come push time.
SarahS12 is offline   Reply With Quote