Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
kts1120
Registered Users
seller
seller

need paypal advice fast

Someone on another site bought something from me yesterday. Last night I made a large purchase using what was in my pp account and then some. Well today the purchaser tells me that her address is wrong and will I send it to her new address.

I told her I have to ship to the address on file. I know I can refund her and she can resend it and she's agreed to do that, but my balance is $0! I know if I take it from my bank it will take several days to clear.

Could I just send the amount to her PP account, not as a refund? Then she could re-send with the correct address?

HELP! Thanks!

Advertisement

kts1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: need paypal advice fast

don't do that because JUST IN CASE, she could file a never received claim and she would win!
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #3
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

^ditto
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #4
kts1120
Registered Users
seller
seller

shoot, didn't think of that!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:35 AM   #5
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

She should have mail fowarding, ask her. was it completely wrong or just an old address?
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is why I wish pp would let you choose to use your bank account rather than your pp balance for purchases sometimes. I wish I had an idea for you.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
kts1120
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well go figure! I sold something else! I'm assuming once I have a balance, I can refund with no problems.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #8
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Tell her that you cannot refund her until your stuff clears. In the meantime she can go correct her address, and once she receives her refund she can re-purchase from you.

Not your fault that she doesn't have her information correct. And she will just have to wait.

I might also call PayPal and ask them to make notes on your account, so that in a few days if she does go crazy and files a claim, they have a record of what's going on.

I did this when the post office didn't deliver a card I made for a client. Her postman made a mistake and sent it back to me as undeliverable, and I had to re-send it to her. I called PayPal and had my file noted of what was going on. Thankfully the client was a sweet mama here, and she was very understanding (because she had this problem with her postman before) and was kind enough to let me re-send it to her when it showed up at my house.

And the PO resent it for free when we explained that the address WAS correct, and the mistake was that of the local postman.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #9
Sweetbabybows
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would have her pay again and then use that money to refund the first purchase. It's not your fault she didn't have the address right the first time.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #10
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbabybows
I would have her pay again and then use that money to refund the first purchase. It's not your fault she didn't have the address right the first time.
It's also not the buyer's fault OP spent it before the buyer received and was satisfied with the item either (not being snippy OP, promise ), so asking for a second payment to cover that would seem scammerish to me if I was buying, kwim? You should never ask to be paid twice or as a buyer pay twice for an item.

If she has no forwarding address set up to that one, I don't see what else you can do besides wait for funds to clear in refunding. Sorry OP, maybe she forwarded it and this is all going to smooth over easily!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote