Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #11
Sweetbabybows
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: need paypal advice fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
It's also not the buyer's fault OP spent it before the buyer received and was satisfied with the item either (not being snippy OP, promise ), so asking for a second payment to cover that would seem scammerish to me if I was buying, kwim? You should never ask to be paid twice or as a buyer pay twice for an item.

If she has no forwarding address set up to that one, I don't see what else you can do besides wait for funds to clear in refunding. Sorry OP, maybe she forwarded it and this is all going to smooth over easily!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
I see your point. That just seems like the fastest way to me. The buyer would be protected for both transactions. So if OP didn't refund, the buyer could file a claim. And no one would have to wait several days for funds to clear.

I know when I buy something I want it now so I wouldn't want to wait the extra days for it to even ship. I wouldn't mind paying again when the money would be almost immediately returned. Now if the seller wanted me to pay again for something that had nothing to do with me then it would seem scammerish but I don't think so in this situation.

Maybe OP could just give both options to the buyer and let her decide which would be better.

Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #12
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbabybows

I see your point. That just seems like the fastest way to me. The buyer would be protected for both transactions. So if OP didn't refund, the buyer could file a claim. And no one would have to wait several days for funds to clear.

I know when I buy something I want it now so I wouldn't want to wait the extra days for it to even ship. I wouldn't mind paying again when the money would be almost immediately returned. Now if the seller wanted me to pay again for something that had nothing to do with me then it would seem scammerish but I don't think so in this situation.

Maybe OP could just give both options to the buyer and let her decide which would be better.
I asked a mod, and they said it shouldn't be done that way. I do t know if there's a specific rule on it, though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #13
Sweetbabybows
Registered Users
seller
seller

It really sucks that there are so many scammers out there now that things can't just be simple.
I hope that OP was able to find a solution that worked for them both.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:44 PM   #14
kts1120
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks for all your advice on this! Surprisingly, I sold something soon after posting this that the mama paid immediately for, so I had money in my account again. I had planned on just letting her know that she would have to wait for the refund to clear and then resend the payment. Luckily it worked out, but I'll probably be confirming addresses from now on!
kts1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:22 PM   #15
Keiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Also, just wanted to note, if you were to not refund, instead send money to her, if you sent it regular she would get fees taken out. If you chose to send it as personal payment owed, I don't know that it would give you the coverage you need, since paypal doesn't cover those types of transactions since they're supposed to be used for gifts only.

Waldorf dolls and Natural toys for your little Keiki
Stocking the first Friday of the month at The Enchanted Toybox Congo

Mama to Annamarie (7/11) expecting #2 August 2015!
Keiki is offline   Reply With Quote