Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Quick! What should I do?

I sold a Skip Hop diaper bag on ebay. I had it listed for $15. For shipping I did calculated by buyers location and I put in the weight and 2 options-parcel post or priority mail. For some reason, it charged her free shipping. However, when I click to print a shipping label, it shows up with parcel post and the weight. So, I definitely did put those in. Shipping is $9, and I bought the diaper bag for $5 (I buy and resell on eBay), plus eBay and PP fees, I am literally paying her to take it. Obviously,this is not the buyers problem. I don't know if I should just suck it up, or kindly send her and email explaining the situation (not how much I paid for it b/c that's really a moot point to a buyer, kwim?) and ask to cancel the order and refund her and re-list. However, I do not want to risk negative feedback either. I've never had this happen before and don't know what to do. I am thinking I should just suck it up, but I really feel like this isn't my fault either, so it just plain sucks. I am going to put in a call to eBay I think. I am trying to think if I was a buyer how I'd feel, and I'd probably be pretty annoyed.

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
DCAMama
Registered Users
Formerly: dm**ge
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Quick! What should I do?

It's been so long since I sold on eBay so refresh my memory, do you have to put in the $ amount of the shipping or does eBay software figure it out? Did you check the box that states free shipping? If you didn't have to enter the shipping amount and just let it be figured out for you, you should contact eBay and see what they have to say. It might have been a glitch in their software. They might even send you a free shipping label. Maybe, who knows. But it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #3
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I would suck it up if it were me. The person may have bought it for the free shipping. They can leave you negative feed back and if you are a regular seller then you do not want that.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmwinge View Post
It's been so long since I sold on eBay so refresh my memory, do you have to put in the $ amount of the shipping or does eBay software figure it out? Did you check the box that states free shipping? If you didn't have to enter the shipping amount and just let it be figured out for you, you should contact eBay and see what they have to say. It might have been a glitch in their software. They might even send you a free shipping label. Maybe, who knows. But it wouldn't hurt to ask.
With "calculated by buyers location", you enter the weight and dimensions and then choose which methods you'd ship (so I did parcel and priority, b/c sometimes priority is cheaper, so I like to give the buyers both options). ebay then calculates it based on the buyers location, and it shows up for them with the correct shipping amount.

I think I'll call eBay and see what they say.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #5
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
If eBay calculates the shipping, and you're positive you put everything in correctly, it was obviously their error (glitch maybe?) So I would deal with eBay directly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #6
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I just sucked it up and shipped it.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #7
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy View Post
I just sucked it up and shipped it.
That's what I would have done. Not worth risking negative feedback in a situation where the seller did nothign wrong, KWIM? But I'd also call ebay and ask about it. That stinks.
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #8
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

The only thing I can think of is that I put in the weight, dimensions, etc and then somehow clicked the free shipping thing on accident. In which case, it really was my fault. It really stinks! Well, she must have been stoked to get a $60 diaper bag for $15 shipped LOL
Old 06-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #9
tmrobinson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's probably too late now but I wonder if she was on her phone when she bought it? I read on another board that a lot of people were having this problem that buyers were saying they saw free shipping on the listing but that is not what the seller really put in.

tmrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:19 PM   #10
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am going to call eBay tomorrow and see if they can check for me what it originally said. I already shipped it b/c whether it was my fault, or an ebay glitch, it wasn't the buyers fault, but still, I want to know!