Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2007, 10:16 PM   #1
sghilino
Registered Users

Isn't this disgusting?

I found this link in a thread of another baby site I visit. The ignorance of some people just makes me sick. What really got me was in the last line of his article him assuming that a bottle is just like the breast and they are interchangable. What do you think.
Steph
PS Sorry I think your going to have to copy and paste the site

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...id=24229&rfi=6

Advertisement

sghilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #2
MamaPajama79
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Isn't this disgusting?

The ladies room? The LADIES ROOM?! Why on earth should a child have to eat in a stinky, dirty restroom? Grrrr..........
MamaPajama79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #3
sghilino
Registered Users

This was my response to the author. I have been reading other post on the other thread am I am trying really hard not to start a fight because everyone is entitled to their opinions

Yes I realize that everyone is entitled to their opinions but come on. Here's a little experiment for you. Why not the next time you eat at out you ask to be served in the bathroom and see how much you enjoy it. Not only is the bathroom unsanitary it is also very uncomfortable to try to nurse sitting on a toilet. I am disgusted and frankly a little disturbed by how many people are offend, embarrassed or what have you by the sight of a women doing what is natural, using her breast for their intended purpose which is feeding our young
Steph
sghilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:58 PM   #4
desicasi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I cannot believe what that said. I am so mad that I can't even think what to write as a comment. Ugh..ignorance.
desicasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:45 AM   #5
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What a jerk.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:05 AM   #6
hackermd
Registered Users
seller

my advice to him... just keep your mouth shut.

he's an idiot... someone should offer him some breast... might make him smarter, although I have a feeling it's too late to save his poor mind.

Last edited by hackermd; 05-02-2007 at 02:06 AM.
hackermd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:23 AM   #7
Mommyof2boys
Banned
seller

Here is my reply to his "writing"

Ok, I have sat here and read your article with an open mind...Ok, maybe she shouldn't have just plopped in the floor to BF, but maybe insted went to the infant section of the strore and sat and nursed. But to say "hey, just bring a bottle"...aren't you being a hypocrit there yourself? You say we "nursing moms" are trying to imply our enlightened life on the world...who says you aren't trying to "enlighten" us with your opinions? I'm all open to opinions, but yours came across rather rude and unfair. By the way, if a baby is expresivly brestfed, then s/he will probably refuse a bottle feeding anyays, which in turn would cause a ruckus in the store and give the poor BFing mom more negative attention, in no thanks to your article! Please be a bit more open minded before writing something like this again...Even formula companies say that breast is best for babies...so why can't society accept those of us who DO choose to give our babies the best chance at life? My first son was both breast fed and formula fed, he turned out fine, but it's partially because of people like you that I didn't breastfeed longer...BFing in public is hard enough for a backwards mama....what you just wrote didn't make it any easier, I'm afraid!
Mommyof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:30 AM   #8
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thats why I don't read editorials. Most people who write them are stuck up egomaniacs letting everyone know what they think. (although I think a lot of them don't think at all...)
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:37 AM   #9
alisonsage
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

very self centered and hateful article. makes you wonder how on earth people like that get published.

SAGE WOOLIES-Custom crocheted shorties and capris GALLERY
alisonsage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:54 AM   #10
dbassett
Registered Users

I want to write him but it would be very hateful as I really want to punch him. I am so infuriated. He is a MAN he should not be making BFing comments like that. OMG that article was VERY discriminatory!! Stupid stupid man!
I have feedback here of course as well as here
dbassett is offline   Reply With Quote