Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-02-2007, 04:56 AM   #11
LunaBirch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Isn't this disgusting?

Wow.. the ignorance of some people!! Well, I wouldnt have *plopped down*, but I dont hesitate to nurse dd in the middle of the store.. actually I do it all the time ..And rarely do I feel the need to cover her w/ a blanket either (only when my folks are w/ me as they think its very "improper to not cover" ) And I've never once went to the ladies room to feed her, and nor will I ever. Frankly if someone came up to me about NIP I'd probably have way to much fun telling them off lol.

Advertisement

Old 05-02-2007, 06:00 AM   #12
Fibrejunkie
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
What I do suggest to her and other mothers who act rashly, and then condemn anyone who complains, is to grow up before your child does.
And next time you go shopping with your infant in your arms, try bringing along a baby bottle.
what the!!! do people still seriously think like that?

Here in australia BFing in public is such a non-issue- makes me glad I don't have to come up against attitudes like his.

Woolywonder knits plus luxury yarns and more Monster Knits
Fibrejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:17 AM   #13
bethhill104
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DH said that he thinks this guy wasn't breastfed as a baby, so he has breast-envy!! haha!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 06:18 AM   #14
klindsey82
Registered Users
seller

that was so disgusting. i don't usually respond to shock articles like that but i just wrote him a really nasty letter.
klindsey82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:24 AM   #15
ashleynjacy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wrote him a letter....I don't want to show it on here...lol
Old 05-02-2007, 07:24 AM   #16
Nikkis_Little_Ladies
Registered Users
Formerly: Nikk25_3
seller

My Mood:

I left a good long comment!! LOL They aren't going to like me to much after they read it !!
Nikkis_Little_Ladies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:28 AM   #17
2sunshines
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How absolutely ridiculously ignorant.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:51 AM   #18
bean3
Registered Users
seller

There are multiple problems.

1. Breastfeeding does not cause "entitlement" in kids. Overindulging parents do. Breastfeeding is definitely NOT overindulging.
2. A little decorum is appropriate. I won't buy nursing shirts were my entire breast is hanging out for the world to see. I prefer the ones with the flap. I nursed my daughter EVERYWHERE, but no one was sitting there staring at a huge amount of skin while I was doing it. I use as much discretion as the situation allows. That is how I find my balance. No one has ever congratulated me or criticized me for nursing in public, probably because most didn't even know I was doing it.
3. Maybe I don't understand why she sat down to nurse. I always walked around, but there was probably a reason. I think sitting down probably drew more attention, not that it matters. Most people never knew I was nursing DD because I was just going about daily business while doing it. Of course, she was a peanut!
4. And what if she was nursing in the middle of the store? Is that so bad? It is not an unsanitary thing by any means. (I watched a friend of mine drop her kid in the middle of the clothing section at Target to change his poopy diaper. Now THAT I can understand causing a stir! If people can pop a bottle in a kid's mouth, then you can pop your bottle in the kid's mouth. (I find bottles kind of sad though, because it has become a no-interaction thing with the baby--just my opinion).
5. Bottles? Seriously? Hey, if they work for people, go for it. My daughter would not take a bottle, and I could not express more than an ounce of milk at a time anyway. If she was not attached, the system just did not work. Telling me to use a bottle would have been useless.
6. I think breast-feeding mothers are getting SO vocal about their RIGHT to breast-feed that the general public is backlashing. The pendulum has swung far one direction, and it is, by the laws of nature, trying to swing back. We just need to find that middle ground. I've done both (FF and BF). For me, I'm just going to handle my personal situations. I cannot see myself as part of a nurse-in. I don't educate the general public on the health aspects of it. It is a personal choice for me. I've never gone to the bathroom to nurse, stood in a stall to nurse, or sat out in the van because someone else would be embarassed by it. I will, however, respect their right to not watch. I also have never used a cape or cover (made her even MORE squirmy and the process less discreet.) I can be discreet without all of that.

This guy is OVERLY against nursing in public. A lot on here are overly FOR nursing in public. The extremes in opinion are where these clashes are coming from.

It will be interesting what I saw if I'm told I cannot by some manager. I'm pretty blunt, so it could get interesting!

Last edited by bean3; 05-02-2007 at 08:03 AM.
bean3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:05 AM   #19
Mommy2Austin
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm going to laugh about two things...

1. The day his mom/grandma hits him upside his head for being so dumb.

2. When he gets married to a woman who breastfeeds all her children until they are at least 5.

Idiocy like this is why bf and ff mommas are in constant struggle with each other.

Sir, please keep your stupidity from oozing out into public. That is the true public health hazard.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:13 AM   #20
snangel
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yup I worte a letter to....just not so sure I should post it here....yah i might think on that one, but it's a great letter and he wouldn't like me much!