Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
brookglen
Registered Users

Can we talk about weight gain?

Seriously, this go-around I am petrified of gaining a bunch of weight. I am about 15 pounds heavier than I was when I got pregnant with my daughter. I never lost the four or five pounds I gained from my lost pregnancy a few months ago and just kept eating (I guess I was depressed). Anyway, what will you be doing to combat the bulge?

I live in the hills, so it's not hard to get in a good workout just by talking a walk. Once, I see a doctor and get the okay I'll start working out again. I really struggled with cravings last time. Don't know what I'll do about that. I have a garden this year, so I want to make a plan were I must eat a certain amount from it daily.

Advertisement

brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Can we talk about weight gain?

I am starting at almost exactly the same weight as I started my first pregnancy I hope to keep the weight gain similar but we'll see. I was working during my first pregnancy and now am at home with a stocked pantry and more opportunity to lounge so it is going to be hard! I have been training to run a half marathon so I think I will continue my training but just with walking/jogging instead of running to keep the exercise in!
Old 06-05-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
PinkInk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am thoroughly concerned over my weight, but I always am, I just REALLY wanted to have 17 more lbs gone (would make a total of 80 lost since pg with my first in '09). I have Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, so while I've always been active (ran track, have worked for 2 gyms, was a nutritionist, had a person training/nutritionist, working out 1-3 hours daily the passed 10 years) I've always been thick and will quickly fluctuate from 160's (my kicking my own butt every day not a bite over 1300 cals low weight) to up to the 190's not pregnant, 230's-240's pregnant! The PCOS causes or is caused by insulin issues, to I have had gestational diabetes twice now. I started my first pg at 198lbs after a frustrating infertility battle which I know caused me to gain a lot (both stress and hormone treatments). I got down to 189 before conceiving my second, but conceived before I could lose anymore (conceived 2 weeks after weaning). Now I've made it down to 177, working so so so hard, counting cals, running, kickboxing, weight lifting and I'm seeing a Chinese Medicine Dr for my PCOS and I'm praying I can keep my weight gain to around 20-25 lbs. I'm still going to diet/count calories/eat mostly grain free in hopes that the diabetes fairy will spare me!

So... if anyone ever wants to talk diet/fitness during pregnancy, I'm always down. I ran up until the day I delivered Ash, kickboxed until 2 weeks before and my labor was seriously a breeze, and I being so strong made a huge difference!

Birth Boot Camp Certified Childbirth Educator training couples in natural childbirth.

I blog at In Pink Ink
PinkInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
brookglen
Registered Users

I have been really hesitant about working out, mostly because the day before my mc I ran a 5k. This time feels way different, but I'm still really nervous. On the other hand, I do NOT want to gain a bunch of weight this pregnancy.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
allinmyhead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm trying to watch things too. I have been trying to lose about 60 pounds since the beginning of the year and had just gotten back into the swing of running and working out. I still fully plan on running throughout my pregnancy so that the gain stays in check. My cravings haven't been awful, but not the best either. We usually eat pretty healthy, but I've been craving chips and such a little bit. I'm really trying to resist though.
allinmyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #6
PinkInk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh don't blame exercise, it's totally safe! Yesterday I did a weight class in the morning and ran 5 miles in the evening. Going to go swim laps after work. Exercise is good for you!

I just crave food, I'm starving... but I'm still keeping my cals around 1300-1500 so that means if I want to eat throughout the day I have to keep it low cal! Nothing yummy for me!

Does anyone track their cals on myfitnesspal? If so, I'm PinkInk14, friend me!

Birth Boot Camp Certified Childbirth Educator training couples in natural childbirth.

I blog at In Pink Ink
PinkInk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #7
brookglen
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkInk View Post
Oh don't blame exercise, it's totally safe! Yesterday I did a weight class in the morning and ran 5 miles in the evening. Going to go swim laps after work. Exercise is good for you!

I just crave food, I'm starving... but I'm still keeping my cals around 1300-1500 so that means if I want to eat throughout the day I have to keep it low cal! Nothing yummy for me!

Does anyone track their cals on myfitnesspal? If so, I'm PinkInk14, friend me!
It's completely psychological, I think back to every single event leading up to the day. It sucks.

I'm working through it. Today I gardened like a maniac and feel totally spent from digging all afternoon.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
allinmyhead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm on myfitnesspal also! allinmyhead is my name there as well I haven't been on in quite a while though ... I really need to get back to tracking before I get too out of control, lol. And I need a good grocery store trip. Heh.
allinmyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:59 PM   #9
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm not good on counting calories.. I probably eat worse than I should, but I have definitely tried to cut out caffeine as sweet tea and chocolate are my weaknesses. I am more of a grazer snacking throughout the day; I can't seem to hold an entire meal in my stomach!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #10
haddockhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm a little concerned about weight. Not that I'm unhappy with my weight now, but because I've *finally* gotten back to pre-preg weight (from my first daughter). I weigh less now than when I got married (133)... I'm just concerned about putting it back on after working my butt off this past year.
I'm okay with working out while pregnant. We do CrossFit and there are a lot of moms who work out while pregnant. But I typically get SO sick that I physically can't work out. Then by the time I'm feeling better, it's halfway through the pregnancy and I'm out of shape at that point. That's what I'm concerned about there. Maybe will be different this time...?
haddockhouse is offline   Reply With Quote