View Poll Results: Will you find out gender?
Yes! 28 62.22%
Nope, team green 11 24.44%
Unsure 6 13.33%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #11
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm a planner and very type "A" so I NEED to find out That, and since I have 2 boys already, if its a girl I'll need to do a bunch of shopping!

Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 05:23 PM   #12
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gender- Do You Find Out?

I found out with DS but I think I want to wait for the next one. It just seems so thrilling to find out upon birth...for the "its a girl" or "its a boy!" shout to mean something.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #13
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:

As much as I like the *idea* of it being a surprise, DH always wants to find out, and I am awfully impatient as well!
Old 06-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #14
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

Team green here We found out with our first, but I was so worried that baby wouldn't cooperate for the U/S that I literally didn't sleep for a week ahead of it. Then when we did find out, I was so worried that they were wrong and he would come out a girl that I drove myself crazy. So, with #2 we didn't find out, and actually skipped the ultrasounds completely. I "knew" that he was a boy anyway, but it was nice to have that little surprise at the end... In this world of knowing "everything", it was a special kind of wonder :-) I like not knowing, and honestly don't believe that babies "need" all of the cr@p that big box stores tell you they need, and certainly not gender-specific. I have enough unisex clothes to last us the first few months even if we have a girl, and I am certain that people will buy us cute little dresses anyway. I had purged so much of the "stuff" that we had for our oldest before our second was born, and have purged even more since. DH and I cannot stand pink plastic toys, which our relatives' homes are filled with, and have made a pact to not allow them here. We have dolls, cradles, and a play kitchen, but they are wooden (dolls are cotton) and our boys love them and use them daily. I am moving beyond the "girls scare me" point and more firmly into my stance of open-gender parenting instead of stereotypical gender-programming. But pink car seats and strollers still make me cringe! Besides, gender is an expression - so you can't find out the "gender" of your child until they express it themselves, the only thing an ultrasound can tell you is the baby's sex :-)
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:44 PM   #15
amandabarugh
Registered Users
seller

I just cannot do green team. I have to know who is growing inside of me. It's a bonding issue for me. For some reason, that's the attachment for me. Not, that I'm completely detached before, but it really helps me bond to the baby to know and name them.

Last edited by amandabarugh; 06-14-2012 at 05:48 PM.
amandabarugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #16
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

Since this was not only a surprise that means it's for sure our last (per hubby) so in return (since I'd love to have more children) I want it to be a surprise. He said he wants to know but I know that won't work out, so as long as no techs spill the beans at an ultrasound we'll be waiting until baby's born. I had to know with my first and my second, but this time, I'd rather keep it a surprise (despite my total planner type A).

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #17
calleiah
Registered Users
seller

We found out with my girls on purpose, my doc blew my gender surprise at 35 weeks with my son, and I really dont know what we'll do this time. Last time I had such a strong sense of BOY that I really didnt need to know, I already knew anyway. This time, I dont have that. At all. It's weird feeling to not have a strong feeling one way or the other. I mostly feel really confused. It's a really strange feeling for me because I have great intuition and it's kind of failing me. Maybe it's one of each? LOL
calleiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:58 AM   #18
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we didn't know with our dd but we did with our ds...i will admit that time in the u/s room was amazing and being able to shop and dream rocked...but there is something awesome about not knowing. I also have one of each so either way, we have stuff and our nursery is neutral.
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:15 AM   #19
allinmyhead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I want to know! I'm a total planner type as well, so that's a big part of it. With DS, I knew as soon as I saw the positive test that it was a boy. This time ... not entirely sure. I feel so different though that I'm starting to have "pink thoughts" We shall see.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #20
MommyMeads
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am a total planner. I NEED to know. We do already have 2 girls and 1 boy so I guess we could wait but it would drive me crazy. I have lots of baby boy stuff since DS was our last baby but I do have a few girl pieces I kept (like 2-3 in each size). I have a feeling this is a girl. If it is a girl I will be doing A LOT of shopping or sewing. I already started making gn diapers.