Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2012, 01:24 PM   #11
kdc_star
Registered Users

Re: Diagnose me! (Or my RS...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post
I'm not sure how to get the rings higher... I had them almost over my shoulder.
This happens to me sometimes too. I find if I pull the fabric tight around my back and under her bum/around her back before tightening it helps prevent the rings from moving down. If that makes sense....

Advertisement

kdc_star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #12
clover
Registered Users
seller

Re: Diagnose me! (Or my RS...) Pic added.

To keep the rings from migrating down, one of the best things I can recommend is to make sure you are not starting with the sling too loose. It should be fitted to your body to start and you only need a few inches of slack for the baby to fit in. The less adjusting you have to do after the baby is in, the better!
clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #13
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by clover View Post
To keep the rings from migrating down, one of the best things I can recommend is to make sure you are not starting with the sling too loose. It should be fitted to your body to start and you only need a few inches of slack for the baby to fit in. The less adjusting you have to do after the baby is in, the better!
Oh, I will try that. I had the bottom rail close to me, but the top rail was way loose.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #14
clover
Registered Users
seller

Also, after you have it on "right", don't loosen it too much to take it off/baby out. You really only need to loosen it a couple inches to get enough slack. Then when you go to put it back on next time you should only need to make a few small adjustments to have it fit you both.
clover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #15
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: Diagnose me! (Or my RS...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post

I'm not sure how to get the rings higher... I had them almost over my shoulder.
That looks good! I tend to just wear mine with the rings right where you have them, and often just wrap the tail around the rings. But, to keep them up higher, I start with them higher. They come down as you tighten and adjust. And I tend to have to adjust every so often, as I have wiggly little ones.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:10 AM   #16
Jenrose
Registered Users

When the rings are in the right place, pull all the slack forward, in front of your baby, before you tighten, and then, wiht the hand supporting the baby while you tighten, pinch the fabric and pull it forward a little... that will keep the rings from slipping forward while you pull. If you just throw it on and yank on the tail, the slack will come out of the back and the rings will come forward every time. If you pull all your slack forward and pinch the fabric, the slack all comes out of the front. Susan Gmeiner from Maya Wrap taught me that at a conference, years ago.
Jenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #17
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenrose View Post
When the rings are in the right place, pull all the slack forward, in front of your baby, before you tighten, and then, wiht the hand supporting the baby while you tighten, pinch the fabric and pull it forward a little... that will keep the rings from slipping forward while you pull. If you just throw it on and yank on the tail, the slack will come out of the back and the rings will come forward every time. If you pull all your slack forward and pinch the fabric, the slack all comes out of the front. Susan Gmeiner from Maya Wrap taught me that at a conference, years ago.
I will try this, thanks! I got my RS sort of fitted without the bear, but I will see how it goes.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #18
Boheme
Registered Users
Formerly: happyve**n
seller

My Mood:

I start with the rings high, but I also start with it pretty snug to begin with. To easily get the baby in the tighter space, I pull the seat part of the sling outward from my body, with my hand gathering the width of the fabric into a narrow "sash" instead of spread out into a pouch. That way I just have to hook baby's feet underneath the snug, narrow sash of fabric, instead of working the baby under a snug width of fabric. The gathered seat spreads out as baby slides down. Once in, I adjust the seat as needed.

To remove the baby, I pull on the rings to loosen the sling only very slightly, then pop the seat of the sling up over baby's butt and over their head. Kind of pulling baby from underneath the sling, so I keep the sling almost perfectly adjusted for next time. That simples things up so much!

Boheme is offline   Reply With Quote