Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2012, 11:06 AM   #11
brookglen
Registered Users

Re: Dr. Appt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaeljohnson View Post
brooklen-ugh, i did endometrin until 14 weeks with michael...yucko...my advice...cloth liners. Hugs! I hope it does the trick or even better that it was a typo!

AFM-i am with allinmyhead...i am calling today bc i have an annual at the end of hte month i need to make a prenatal.
Yeah, on day two and I already hate the things. I have read that you can just insert two at night (instead of one in the morning and one at night) and it helps you sleep and prevents you from feeling gross all day.

Advertisement

brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #12
Saruh
Registered Users
seller

I have been avoiding going. I'll be 8 weeks this Sunday, I was trying to hold out until at least 10 weeks. I really really want Zofran though, and I'm not sure my OB will RX it over the phone.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #13
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have my 1st on 6/25. I would have done it ASAP but when you are 1300 miles from your OB/GYN it makes it kind of hard.

My main concern is that there is more than 1. Between my "morning" sickness first being so early (usually happened around 7wks) and so severe and then my HPT's on the FRER were VERY positive so early (unless that is normal?) (my avatar is my HPT taken 17DPO)

While I would ecstatic to have more than one, I honestly don't know if my OB/GYN does home births for twins. He does do them for 1 baby. I really want my home birth this time around. I have already had 2 drug-free natural births and I finally have a home (and state) where home birth would be perfect!
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #14
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylabelle05 View Post
My main concern is that there is more than 1. Between my "morning" sickness first being so early (usually happened around 7wks) and so severe and then my HPT's on the FRER were VERY positive so early (unless that is normal?) (my avatar is my HPT taken 17DPO)
If it makes you feel better, I am 17dpo today and took another FRER this afternoon just for kicks, and my test line was waayyy darker than the control line. Makes sense, though, the FRERs are designed to pick up on hcg up so early (I got my bfp at 9dpo) that by the time you've actually missed your period (typically 14dpo), it's going to be super dark!
Old 06-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #15
brookglen
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylabelle05 View Post
I have my 1st on 6/25. I would have done it ASAP but when you are 1300 miles from your OB/GYN it makes it kind of hard.

While I would ecstatic to have more than one, I honestly don't know if my OB/GYN does home births for twins. He does do them for 1 baby. I really want my home birth this time around. I have already had 2 drug-free natural births and I finally have a home (and state) where home birth would be perfect!
Follow the link and you will find that a really dark line at 17dpo is very common.
countdowntopregnancy
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #16
allinmyhead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, everything looks just right! The midwife was awesome and the birth center was so cozy feeling. She tried to pick up a HB on the doppler, but no dice. I go back in three weeks.

This place does "Centering" groups. Groups of moms with similar due dates who come together once a month for a meeting, belly checks, games, activities, discussions and snacks. Spouses/SOs are welcome too. Sounds awesome!
Old 06-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #17
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

kaylabelle-hmmm, i think that could be normal but i guess only time will tell. Hang in there. I know my hb mw here will do twins at home for women she feels are a good fit for it...but i don't know how i would feel about it. Tricky.

AFM-go to see the nurse on 6/25 then i will call the hb mw and try to make something for around 8ish weeks. I am in no rush for the first time in my life. The only reason i called to set up the nurse appt. is bc i had to cancel my annual since i don't see doing both. Plus i don't pay for prenatals and i pay for annuals.
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #18
heidi_naw
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had my first ultrasound on Monday - doc wanted to check for ectopic, etc. Saw the little heartbeat! We go back on the 25th for another U/S. I am a high risk pregnancy, so I am sure I will be getting lots of U/S - we had a lot with our son!

Good luck to everyone on upcoming appts!
Old 06-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #19
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am a high risk pregnancy, so I am sure I will be getting lots of U/S - we had a lot with our son!

Why are you high risk? Just curious. I have had 4 high risk pregnancies...this will probably be another. Maybe we should have a thread

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #20
heidi_naw
Registered Users

My Mood:

I found out in college that I had/have a septate uterus. I also have mild endometriosis. After trying on our own for about 8 months, the doc did a lap and septum resection. I got pregnant my first cycle off of hormones. My RE sent me off to the high risk clinic. All was well, but I had a major bleed at 12 weeks - it turned out to be a subchorionic hematoma. The docs were convinced I'd miscarry. After the episode of bleeding, my RE took over my OB care. I had some pre-term labor that they were able to stop at 30 weeks with restricted activity and Procardia. At 35 weeks, I went into full blown labor. I was a C/S since my son was breech.

I went back to my RE to confirm this pregnancy - we were super excited because he talked about delivery! He said he wants me on progesterone starting at 16 weeks to see if this babe can bake a while longer and said I am a good candidate for a VBAC :-)

What made you high risk?