Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #31
3princesses+1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dr. Appt

First appointment schedule for June 25th...hoping to hear a heartbeat (will be 8 wks)

Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 09:13 PM   #32
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
Formerly: em**nti
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ainmemphis View Post
went for my first visit yesterday, since I had just seen my doctor a month ago he was pretty certain of my due date (now Feb. 6) so no ultrasound for me =( He did say everything looked/felt fine, confirmed that I will have to have a repeat c-section and I go back in 4 weeks.
Why does he recommend a repeat c-section, Mama?
Old 06-17-2012, 08:21 AM   #33
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

He went over my chart with me and explained why they had to do a vertical incision on my uterus during my last c-section. apparently since DS was a double footling breech my lower uterus never fully developed (?) and there wasn't enough room to get him out with the horizontal incision alone. He says the chance of uterine rupture is too great with the T shaped incision that I have so they will not attempt a VBAC. I was told this after my first delivery but it was not explained in such detail so I kind of knew this would happen but now the dr has confirmed.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #34
Truckerswife
Registered Users
seller

I have my 1st midwife appt and a ultrasound on July 6th
Old 06-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #35
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:
Since I haven't delivered there before, I have to tour the BC before I can schedule my first prenatal. The tour isn't until 7/20, I'll be 10 weeks, and I guess my 1st appt will be sometime soon after (11-12 weeks). It feels like a long time to wait, but nothing really happens before then anyway, I suppose! Maybe it will make the first trimester go faster!
Old 06-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #36
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
He went over my chart with me and explained why they had to do a vertical incision on my uterus during my last c-section. apparently since DS was a double footling breech my lower uterus never fully developed (?) and there wasn't enough room to get him out with the horizontal incision alone. He says the chance of uterine rupture is too great with the T shaped incision that I have so they will not attempt a VBAC. I was told this after my first delivery but it was not explained in such detail so I kind of knew this would happen but now the dr has confirmed.
Yes, some studies place the uterine rupture rate with a classic T-incision between 1.9% and 4.4%. Keep in mind that uterine rupture is an emergency situation requiring an immediate section, but certainly not one that necessarily causes death, as some mamas are led to believe. Would a VBAC be your preference if you could find a more supportive care provider, or do you feel better booking the section? I ask because we have a right to approach our births from a place of empowerment rather than fear.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:59 AM   #37
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't feel like I am missing out. I honestly had this debate with myself when a close friend of mine was contemplating a VBAC. I wad researching with her and I kept asking myself what would I do? I saw how stressed she got and I actually feel a strange sense of calm knowing what is to come and not wondering what should I do. I trust my doctor 100% because if I didn't I would certainly be seeking out other care providers. He never tried to scare me with "death" he just explained why he would not consider me for a VBAC and answered all of my questions. My previous experience seemed as good as any c-section experience could be, I got to hold and nurse my baby immediately, I was up and walking (to the bathroom) within 24 hours and home the 3rd day.

I have been very fortunate to experience other births through a very close friend and was present for both a hospital birth and a home birth for her 2 girls. And even though I may not physically experience the same thing that is ok with me.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #38
My_Tree_Grows
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I don't feel like I am missing out. I honestly had this debate with myself when a close friend of mine was contemplating a VBAC. I wad researching with her and I kept asking myself what would I do? I saw how stressed she got and I actually feel a strange sense of calm knowing what is to come and not wondering what should I do. I trust my doctor 100% because if I didn't I would certainly be seeking out other care providers. He never tried to scare me with "death" he just explained why he would not consider me for a VBAC and answered all of my questions. My previous experience seemed as good as any c-section experience could be, I got to hold and nurse my baby immediately, I was up and walking (to the bathroom) within 24 hours and home the 3rd day.

I have been very fortunate to experience other births through a very close friend and was present for both a hospital birth and a home birth for her 2 girls. And even though I may not physically experience the same thing that is ok with me.
Best wishes then, Mama, for the birth you want!