Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
lilmomma83
Registered Users

Rant

I just wish there was generic hypoallergenic formula. That is all.

Advertisement

lilmomma83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmomma83
I just wish there was generic hypoallergenic formula. That is all.
Ooohhh, that'd be nice!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:17 PM   #3
wendow
Registered Users
seller

Re: Rant

I hear you, mama. It is worth the cost but the cost is so high!
Old 06-17-2012, 12:53 AM   #4
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
The grocery store near me had some marked off 50%. I bought Similac Sensitive for $4.45/can!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using DS Forum

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Me too! Thankfully DS is on Elecare now and insurance covers it.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #6
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

I hear you. We have WIC but still have to buy one or 2 cans a month. But it's worth it in the end, she does so good on Nutramigen.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:05 PM   #7
lilmomma83
Registered Users

Yeah it is worth it definitly...but still makes me cringe when I see it pop up on the register lol. I've thought of getting it through WIC, but, I never told them I'm not exclusively breastfeeding and I want to keep getting the veggies etc...though to be honest I have not actually done the numbers....we'd probably save more if we switched to FF...We are like 1/3 FF right now, but, we have to mix it to 24cal/oz and I expect after our next GI appointment he may bump u to 26cal/oz, then even if I pump I have to mix it with my breastmilk...so not quite as bad as if we were exclusively FF, but, still pretty bad....and OF COURSE, I never get Enfamil checks :-/
lilmomma83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #8
wendow
Registered Users
seller

My ds was on Alimentum RTF which is more expensive than even the powder. We used to spend $5-$10 a day on his formula depending on what coupons I had. He drank a quart a day. I wonder if you wouldn't be better off changing to ff'ing with WIC to get the formula rather than the veggies. We've not had WIC so not sure how all that works though.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:29 AM   #9
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendow View Post
My ds was on Alimentum RTF which is more expensive than even the powder. We used to spend $5-$10 a day on his formula depending on what coupons I had. He drank a quart a day. I wonder if you wouldn't be better off changing to ff'ing with WIC to get the formula rather than the veggies. We've not had WIC so not sure how all that works though.
They don't cover the liquid form, only powder. They also only cover Enfamil brand. Although that's a more recent thing. I've also heard that in CA if your insurance refuses to pay for a subscription for a hypoallergenic formula that WIC will cover it if you show the denial, but again it's only Nutramigen in powder or the liquid concentrate. They do cover elemental formulas though and Alimentum powder. I would have stuck with Alimentum, but was told that they only covered Enfamil brands recently so I don't know if they still cover that.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #10
wendow
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
They don't cover the liquid form, only powder. They also only cover Enfamil brand. Although that's a more recent thing. I've also heard that in CA if your insurance refuses to pay for a subscription for a hypoallergenic formula that WIC will cover it if you show the denial, but again it's only Nutramigen in powder or the liquid concentrate. They do cover elemental formulas though and Alimentum powder. I would have stuck with Alimentum, but was told that they only covered Enfamil brands recently so I don't know if they still cover that.
I don't remember from previous discussions what the OP's baby ended up on but it sounds like if it's powder Nutramigen, then it might be worth looking at whether it'd be less money to change from bf'ing to ff'ing with them.

That is too bad that they don't cover the RTF Alimentum since that works so well for so many babies due to being corn free.