Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #1
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ultrasound tomorrow

Just a little vent of excitement and fear...LONG SORRY :/
We are doing our first, and probably only, ultrasound tomorrow. The midwives we use require one around 20 weeks and that's what we did with our last pregnancy at about 18 weeks. I remember being excited and scared because I had terrible morning sickness and had bronchitis as well and being my first pregnancy I was just scared of the unknown. Then voila! Beautiful healthy boy on the ultrasound.
This time we are almost 18 weeks and I'm scared to death. I had some health issues before we got pregnant that required me (after trying everything else we could think of) to go on some pretty hard core antibiotics. The ER doc, a good friend, told me she specifically gave me these because she knew we had been trying to get pregnant and these were "safe". Mind you, I never go to the doc, we use homeopathics for everything an I research the heck out of everything. This time I didn't because I knew I just needed to get better and take the drugs. Then we randomly (well not random, but I *knew* I was too far past ovulation to get pregnant and we had sex ONCE that cycle) got pregnant and when I check the dates I was on my last few days of the drugs when we had sex and got pregnant....so after the positive shocking test I research the antibiotics and it says not to take when pregnant has been known to cause birth defects. So getting to see our baby via ultrasound tomorrow has me thrilled and scared to death. We are praying for a healthy baby please, if you made it through my long post, pray too. I'll update tomorrow.

Advertisement

ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
aumismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #2
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I was on some type of drug that "causes malformations in rats" while pregnant with dd. Like wtf! But she's perfectly fine.

Good luck tomorrow and seeing your little one. Are you going to find out the sex?

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom
I was on some type of drug that "causes malformations in rats" while pregnant with dd. Like wtf! But she's perfectly fine.

Good luck tomorrow and seeing your little one. Are you going to find out the sex?

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**
Thank you for that. Ya this one was something like that too. Ugh.
We were going to have it be a surprise since this is probably our last (second) baby...pregnancy is hard hard hard on me and doubly tough this time having a 2 yr old to keep me goin all day. But we decided we really want to know so YES we are finding out but none of our family knows that they think we are still waiting - planning on a fun reveal

Old 06-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ultrasound tomorrow

I totally understand the fear...I went to a wedding the weekend before I got my BFP with DS3 and got very very very drunk...he was a total surprise and I never thought for even a second I could be pregnant, so I drank. It was pretty much all I could think about for a while. He is perfect though and I'm sure your little one will be too
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:51 PM   #5
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Good luck at the ultrasound!! Pregnancy fear can be brutal! I just blame it on hormones.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using DS Forum

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #6
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

will be thinking of you tomorrow hugs

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

I have a very very new OB (like less than a year out of school) who prescribed me one medication that I took without question, then 2 weeks later she calls me to say STOP!!!!!!!!! It is known to cause developmental delays and should never be taken by pregnant women. Just keep the faith that what ever happens is what is suposed to happen, and it happens for a reason. Best of luck!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #8
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I will be thinking of you
Old 06-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #9
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

How did it go?
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #10
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Healthy baby girl! So happy so many tears!