Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller

My Mood:
No desire to buy baby things?

I'm 23 weeks pregnant and I have almost no desire to buy things for this baby. I am excited she's coming but I don't want to do a nursery or purchase the few things we need. She's my second and I had a lose in October but found out quite early in pregnancy.

Was anyone else like this?

Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
editrix
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: No desire to buy baby things?

I was like that with my DD (my first, and only child so far). When I was about 7 months along, I went on vacation and bought a bunch of books for the baby, but honestly, that was the only thing I bought before she was born! I couldn't have cared less. I had no desire to buy anything, except a stroller, and that was mostly out of necessity because I don't drive and I knew we would be doing a lot of walking in the summer. I don't think I was even hit by nesting, either. Didn't care about making a room for the baby. Her crib is still in our room and she's 11 months old, so obviously we still don't feel that urgently about it. LOL.
editrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
With DD was obsessed. Its all I could talk about I and spent hours researching.

This time, nothing. :/

My MIL made a comment about how maybe it's my way of helping myself because this baby won't be around long. She thinks the baby is going to die :/
Old 06-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
pcjs
Registered Users

I didn't buy much of anything even after I knew there was a possibility. We just went shopping together. If you have enough stuff I'd wait and see what you need. You need far less than you think. One thing good about not pre buying was everything I got I needed and used.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow, your MIL sounds terrible!

I went out and bought tons of stuff as soon as we found out DS was a boy... with DD, though, the novelty had worn off and I didn't get most of the stuff we needed for her until after about 37-38 weeks. I just wasn't very excited about the stuff - baby yes, stuff, no. Don't stress, I think it's completely normal!
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #6
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wow, your MIL sounds terrible!

I went out and bought tons of stuff as soon as we found out DS was a boy... with DD, though, the novelty had worn off and I didn't get most of the stuff we needed for her until after about 37-38 weeks. I just wasn't very excited about the stuff - baby yes, stuff, no. Don't stress, I think it's completely normal!
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:42 AM   #7
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think this might be the reason. With DD I spent so much money and it wasn't worth it. I bought the "best of the best" and then just gave it all away to someone who really needed it.

Formula, bottles, clothes, diapers and a bed. That's really all I need.

Thanks ladies, I feel better!
Old 06-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #8
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

With my son, I had 2 losses before him. I didn't buy ANYTHING till I was around 8 months along. I had no desire to shop for him. I think its kinda normal to be cautious after a loss.
With DD, I lost her twin in the first trimester. I really had a hard time (mentally). I didn't buy anything till after 20 weeks. Even then, I told my DH that if something happened, he needed to go home and remove all baby stuff before I got home. It was a really rocky pregnancy with placentia previa and was on/off bedrest and on light duty (no lifting over 5 lbs the whole pregnancy). I was just cautious.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #9
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

With my son, I had 2 losses before him. I didn't buy ANYTHING till I was around 8 months along. I had no desire to shop for him. I think its kinda normal to be cautious after a loss.
With DD, I lost her twin in the first trimester. I really had a hard time (mentally). I didn't buy anything till after 20 weeks. Even then, I told my DH that if something happened, he needed to go home and remove all baby stuff before I got home. It was a really rocky pregnancy with placentia previa and was on/off bedrest and on light duty (no lifting over 5 lbs the whole pregnancy). I was just cautious.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #10
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

With my first, I had almost nothing until a week before.

I mean, I had a bassinette and 4 onesies.

My MIL is married to a Jewish guy. When she had kids with him, he wouldn't let her buy anything before because it was bad luck. So it's probably not that unusual.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote