Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2012, 02:49 PM   #51
shanree
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do your kids' names have family meaning?

Some of mine have family meaning, some are just names we liked. We do tend to trend toward Biblical names or at least Biblical meaning though.

Advertisement

JESUS LOVING Wife to Les, Full-Time Mama to Naomi (17) Elijah (11) Ian (8) Jake/Xander/Rachel (7yr old triplets) Aiden (5) and Benjamin (2) ....Homebirthing, EBF, ERF, CD'ing, BW'ing, HS'ing, Co-Sleeping, No-Circ, No Vax, 3 natural VBAC Mama. & now I am a CPST!!!!
shanree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #52
jac1976
Registered Users
seller

DS is the fourth, so his name has tons of family meaning. I wish we could have named him something else, but it was important to DH.

DD has a first name and 2 middle names. Her first name I picked simply because I liked it. No family meaning at all. Her two middle names come from DH' mom and my mom. I don't regret giving her a name I love just because- I'm sad that I didn't get to use a boys name I liked for DS.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:30 PM   #53
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DD1--I loved Grace and my aunt who has 3 boys wanted a Grace. Abby means nothing but Grace is in honor of my aunt.

DS--Jacob is family in both sides. Ledger his biomom named him after Heath Ledger. Whitaker is in honor of his CASA/GAL who checked on him every single day after DCS reunified him with biodad for awhile. She is his guardian angel.

DD2--Kendall we just liked. DD2 really wanted us to name her Isabella but it was too popular so we made it her middle name.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #54
momtoGcubed
Registered Users
Formerly: momtoGsquared
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dworth629 View Post
My older daughter is named Rebecca anne .. rebecca after her grandmother , my husbands mother. My younger daughter is Charlotte Amelia.. we called her charlie and her name was our way to honor my father in law charles. We also always go with an 'A' for the middle name seeing as how my husband is Stephen Andrew.
My name is Rebecca Anne.
momtoGcubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #55
momtoGcubed
Registered Users
Formerly: momtoGsquared
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
DD1--I loved Grace and my aunt who has 3 boys wanted a Grace. Abby means nothing but Grace is in honor of my aunt.

DS--Jacob is family in both sides. Ledger his biomom named him after Heath Ledger. Whitaker is in honor of his CASA/GAL who checked on him every single day after DCS reunified him with biodad for awhile. She is his guardian angel.

DD2--Kendall we just liked. DD2 really wanted us to name her Isabella but it was too popular so we made it her middle name.
I don't really "know" you, but I've read some of your threads. I'm so glad you were finally able to adopt the little guy!

Last edited by momtoGcubed; 06-17-2012 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Poor spelling ability. ;)
momtoGcubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #56
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Both have family names for their middle names. Both are Italian names, 1 is a first name and the other a surname.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #57
aunt_freya
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think we both felt pretty strongly about honoring our families with DD's name. My father's sister passed away when she was 3, and her name was Jan Elliott. I ALWAYS adored the name Elliott, so when we found out we were having a girl, I lobbied hard for the name (which was at the top of a short list until just about the day she was born). Frances is DP's grandmother's name and a great middle name. "Ellie Frances" just rolls off the tongue when sounding stern, too!

Now, the boy name we agreed on before we ever got pregnant is not a family name (or not intentionally so), but it absolutely has significance to the both of us and we hope to use it some day. Middle name would probably be William, after both of our dads.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #58
Greenebean214
Registered Users
seller

Yes, DH's grandfathers name is LN. It stands for Liberty Nathaniel. My husband is Nathan, named for him, and DD is Liberty, after him as well!

Welcomed Liberty Grace May 12, 2011!
Greenebean214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #59
emerino
Registered Users

On my Mother's maternal side, all the first born girls were Mary Elizabeth. My gmother broke that tradition and gave my mom only the middle name Elizabeth. Elizabeth is my first name (I go by my middle name) and my dd1's middle name is Elizabeth.

DH had a baby sister that died at 3 days old. Her name was Deborah Lynn. Dd2's middle name is D'Lynn after her.

Last edited by emerino; 06-18-2012 at 10:03 AM.
emerino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #60
vatblack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wanted my daughter to be curious about her grandparents she'd never really know, so I named her after my mother and father.

Her first name is a female version of my father's name and her middle name is my mother's name.