Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #31
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

Re: Am I crazy with newborn fever? Are you too?

Add me to the list! I've had it for the last couple months, and my Littlest is 10.5 months.. it's getting worse, not better! And it's also super bad timing.. I'm getting married in 3 weeks and then we want to buy a house, which would be next to impossible if I'm off work for another year... and then I sometimes remember how much I hated every minute of being pregnant.. but it doesn't last long.
I just want to use my woven wrap on a newborn, have another crack at breastfeeding now that I'm more educated and prepared, and cloth from day one at home (I wouldn't use cloth in hospital)...
It doesn't help that DF and I were lying in bed dreaming up baby names during my lunchbreak.

Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 11:55 PM   #32
MrsTippett
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88
Add me to the list! I've had it for the last couple months, and my Littlest is 10.5 months.. it's getting worse, not better! And it's also super bad timing.. I'm getting married in 3 weeks and then we want to buy a house, which would be next to impossible if I'm off work for another year... and then I sometimes remember how much I hated every minute of being pregnant.. but it doesn't last long.
I just want to use my woven wrap on a newborn, have another crack at breastfeeding now that I'm more educated and prepared, and cloth from day one at home (I wouldn't use cloth in hospital)...
It doesn't help that DF and I were lying in bed dreaming up baby names during my lunchbreak.
Aww, that wouldn't help me either. I was going to start taking the mini pill, but never bothered making an appointment with an OBGYN since I would be a new patient, and those first visits take FOREVER. At least, it would seem like forever for a 7 month old who EBF and usually gets separation anxiety within 30 minutes of being away from me, let alone a few hours. My regular OBGYN/CNM (certified nurse midwife) is linked to the birth center, which doesn't prescribe hormonal contraceptives due to them being a potential abortifacient (potentially not letting the conceived baby embed itself into the lining of the uterus) and that doesn't sit right morally. So far, AF hasn't returned (hooray breastfeeding) so it's not like we can TTC again any time soon, but should we even bother trying to prevent it? We hate condoms and I don't want to try anything that uses spermicide. [ TMI ] (you were warned): we honestly don't even have sex all to often. Maybe once a month. Twice tops. Is it really worth going through all of that hassle for something that almost never happens? [ /TMI ]

I don't know. We are still discussing this ourselves, but what do you think? Should we go ahead and use something like condoms just in case? Use natural family planning (like ovulation strips, charting, etc)? Or just say, "To heck with it!" and have sex with wild abandon without a second thought (as much as a 7 month old permits anyhow)?

Bah! You can tell that I'm still thinking about this one.
MrsTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #33
MrsTippett
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88
Aww, that wouldn't help me either. I was going to start taking the mini pill, but never bothered making an appointment with an OBGYN since I would be a new patient, and those first visits take FOREVER. At least, it would seem like forever for a 7 month old who EBF and usually gets separation anxiety within 30 minutes of being away from me, let alone a few hours. My regular OBGYN/CNM (certified nurse midwife) is linked to the birth center, which doesn't prescribe hormonal contraceptives due to them being a potential abortifacient (potentially not letting the conceived baby embed itself into the lining of the uterus) and that doesn't sit right morally. So far, AF hasn't returned (hooray breastfeeding) so it's not like we can TTC again any time soon, but should we even bother trying to prevent it? We hate condoms and I don't want to try anything that uses spermicide. [ TMI ] (you were warned): we honestly don't even have sex all to often. Maybe once a month. Twice tops. Is it really worth going through all of that hassle for something that almost never happens? [ /TMI ]

I don't know. We are still discussing this ourselves, but what do you think? Should we go ahead and use something like condoms just in case? Use natural family planning (like ovulation strips, charting, etc)? Or just say, "To heck with it!" and have sex with wild abandon without a second thought (as much as a 7 month old permits anyhow)?

Bah! You can tell that I'm still thinking about this one.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:04 AM   #34
MrsTippett
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sorry, didn't mean to double post.