Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
beci24
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mirena questions

Ive had my mirena placed since may 2 and my discharge is getting to be more & funny colored. Is this normal for others? I started spotting this month on the 8th and am still spotting several times a day with almost orange tinted discharge?? I also have been having pain in my hip this while month and just started thinking maybe I should be worried that the iud has moved and punctured something. Has anyone that has had it move had pain in the hip area(like the ball of the hip)? Thanks for any insight U can give.

Advertisement

Old 09-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
magoose
Registered Users

Re: Mirena questions

Never experienced this but I'd get checked out for sure. Could be an infection.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #3
04liquidS
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've had 2 Mirena's. The second one moved and I had it removed a few months ago. I had cramps that felt like menstrual cramps and 1 day of moderate bleeding, followed by several days of spotting. The cramping continued until I had it removed, but the spotting stopped before that. I didn't have pain in the hip area though. Have you checked to see if you can feel the strings coming out of your cervix? Sometimes they are hard to feel, but that is how I knew mine had moved (the strings disappeared). I would get checked either way because of the discharge though. Good luck!
Delayed/selective vaxing, APing, BWing, ERFing, CDing & non circing SAHM to Owen Rylan born 7/13/11 & #2!

Fur mom to Lucy, Gunner, Pookie and Briscoe.
04liquidS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
Jlg325j
Registered Users

I've had mine 2.5 years and no symptoms like this. I agree to call your dr...Good Luck!
Jlg325j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:20 PM   #5
madmollyann
Registered Users
seller

I just got mine put in today. The MW warned of random, inconsistent spotting. But she said that significant cramping after the first 48 hours or so should be a concern. I'm not sure if the hip pain counts as cramping. I would definitely call or go see them!
madmollyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:17 PM   #6
KellylynnC
Registered Users

My Mood:

Never had the pain. Id check the strings and if it continues check with the doc
KellylynnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #7
beci24
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sorry I didn't updated, my dr removed it after 6 months because when he checked me it was irritating my cervix & was trying to expel itself. I'm better of without it though. Thanks for your help everyone