Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2012, 03:15 AM   #1
cmaniezzz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mirena and blood sugar drops in the afternoon

Anyone experience this?
I just got mine inserted 2 months ago, I was on the pills for 2 years and feels it always give me mood swing and depression.
But for the last couple of weeks, around 2 or 3 in the afternoon, I will suddenly feels terribly hungry, and if I ignore it I will start shaking and trembling. Once we were at playdate with my neighbor and I almost didn't make it home because I was too hungry and shaking.
I always have an off eating schedule, I don't eat breakfast only coffee in the morning, and even skip lunch, maybe few bites here and there from whatever left on DS plates. And I always been that way and I was fine. And for sure, I notice the change on my appetite, hungry all the time.. Is this normal? And I gain 5 lbs since (in 2 months)

Advertisement

Knita's Knitting YYMN/MYMN custom
Like myFacebook page to win free YYMN
cmaniezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
TofuScramble
Registered Users
Formerly: DesertMomma

My Mood:
Re: Mirena and blood sugar drops in the afternoon

Hypoglycemia can pop up at any time, eat some healthy fats in the morning, it will help sustain your blood sugar.
Skipping breakfast and lunch will catch up to you eventually.
Try to eat better, if you don't see that helping then talk to your doctor about it. Good luck!
TofuScramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
bodiemama
Registered Users

I agree with TofusSramble, it would be good to try to eat better. But that said, yes, I have this. I didn't think it had much to do with the Mirena though. I get ravenous about 3 p.m. but that when my kids are sleeping and I thought it was my body's natural urge to just eat while I wasn't distracted. Could be the hormones though. Hmmm...
bodiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #4
cmaniezzz
Registered Users
seller
seller

I decided to remove the Mirena because I can't take it anymore.. Other than feeling hungry all the time, which lead to the afternoon blood sugar dropping, my body was aching all the time.. It's not just when I wake up in the morning, which I experienced it before mirena if I'm super exhausted, but also wake up from 10 minutes nap.. And it last all day.. usually my body ach in the morning for probably an hour and everything is ok, but not with Mirena, all day.. Even after I'm relaxing watching TV, when I got up, my whole body was hurt.. It was crazy.. so I decided to remove it and since than my body doesn't hurt anymore, well, still hurt sometimes in the morning, but will be gone within the hour.
And the blood sugar dropping, afternoon hunger, body shaking, are also gone..
But yes, I agree, I have to eat better. I try to have breakfast now..

Knita's Knitting YYMN/MYMN custom
Like myFacebook page to win free YYMN
cmaniezzz is offline   Reply With Quote