Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
Mamma527
Registered Users
seller
seller

Dr. Appt

Anyone have an appt yet? I wanted to wait until i would be able to hear or see the heartbeat, but I need to know if my midwife does home births in case I need to shop around for a different midwife.

So has anyone seen the heartbeat yet?

Advertisement

Old 06-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #2
brookglen
Registered Users

Re: Dr. Appt

I'm headed in today. I was going to wait, but I had some spotting so they want me to do an ultra sound to check viability.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
DMichelleV
Registered Users

My Mood:
I have already had my first appt and am scheduled for an ultrasound next week and hope to see a little heartbeat then
DMichelleV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Have my first apt tomorrow. Not sure when I will get ultrasound, with last baby I got one right away but that was because I was unsure of how far along I was, this time I am fearing they are going to make me wait!
Old 06-14-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My MW is coming over next week, but not really a prenatal appointment, more like a consultation so she has all her records caught up and all that good stuff. We won't look for the heartbeat until I'm in my 2nd trimester since she uses a fetoscope instead of a doppler.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #6
lisha622
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookglen View Post
I'm headed in today. I was going to wait, but I had some spotting so they want me to do an ultra sound to check viability.
Hope your appointment goes well!! Let us know. Little heartbeats are so special. I had one with DD because of spotting too (and while I loved it, I'm hoping to avoid one this time because insurance won't cover it and those things are too darn expensive!)

My first appointment is scheduled for July 16. Hoping by then to hear a heartbeat since I will be 11 weeks. It feels like forever away, but I am being patient so far.
Old 06-14-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
brookglen
Registered Users

So no ultrasound today. They thought it might be a but early to see anything. I did get my blood work back, my hcg is nice and high and my progesterone is so low she thought it might be a lab error so they took some more blood and put me on progesterone suppositories which is just an oh so pleasant experience.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #8
allinmyhead
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have one tomorrow. I already had an annual exam scheduled at the birth center and I really didn't think I would get pregnant this fast So I just called and made my annual a prenatal. DH is going with me and we'll get to tour the center too.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #9
calleiah
Registered Users
seller

I had one scheduled for Monday, but fortunately the doc prescribed me some Zofran and we bumped it back a few weeks so we can do a dating ultrasound. It's ok with me. Just hoping DH can go with me, pretty sure he's never been to a doc appt with me.
calleiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:48 AM   #10
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

brooklen-ugh, i did endometrin until 14 weeks with michael...yucko...my advice...cloth liners. Hugs! I hope it does the trick or even better that it was a typo!

AFM-i am with allinmyhead...i am calling today bc i have an annual at the end of hte month i need to make a prenatal.
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote