Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone in denial?

I still don't believe that I am pregnant. I just think it is going to end at any moment. Though it is hard when you see this test staring back at you.

I don't want to tell anyone IRL because I am a bit scared it won't stay true. I haven't told DH because of the stuff with him (he changed his mind) and I am afraid of his reaction.

I look at the tests and I don't believe it is mine. I feel like one of those teens that are in complete denial that they are pg and gave birth but I know it is true but my mind can't grasp it yet.

It has been 3 long years of trying for #3 and 10 years since I learned about my infertility issues.

Anyone else in my shoes?

Advertisement

kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
abhernandez
Registered Users

Re: Anyone in denial?

I understand. Totally. For different reasons. But I feel so disconnected from this pregnancy.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't feel disconnected, but I feel like its just too good to be true, I mean its like everything lined up at the exact perfect time and just doesn't feel right and even though I see the positive test results I don't feel any different and its hard thinking that I am really pregnant! I am hoping that once I go to the doctor and maybe get an ultrasound I will finally accept it!!!!
I got my IUD out on May 9, finally convinced DH to try for #2 and BAM I am reading a positive test result on June 1.... so surreal!!
Old 06-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
haddockhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Woah, Andrea that is REALLY fast! How long have you had your IUD in? I have a friend who got hers out Dec (or Jan?) and she's been trying this whole time. I know it can take a while after an IUD, she had her's in for about 2 years....
Anyway, it's a little hard to believe for me as well! Just because our littlest turned 1 on May 1st... and we've been talking about waiting...
There was only ONE opportunity this past month where we were "less than careful" (we do NFP) and BAM I ended up pregnant. ONE TIME. A month ago I was like "no way, another year"... a week ago I was like "hmm... I would like another baby"... and it's like as SOON as I'm "OK" with the idea I'm pregnant.
I swear my DH can just KISS me and I end up pregnant LOL. I'm so thankful & know it's a blessing that we don't have fertility issues. But seriously, I don't know anyone more fertile than my DH and I. We're talkin, we got pregnant with DD1 on our honeymoon...
haddockhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #5
heidi_naw
Registered Users

My Mood:

It's hard for us to believe at this point! We literally moved into our house on a Saturday and found out Monday we are pregnant. We weren't technically trying and had planned to wait until later this summer. And the fact that it took us a year and a lap later to get pregnant with our son, this is a total shock. We had an U/S yesterday and saw the little heartbeat, so it's becoming more real. I'm feeling like poo, so I definitely know I am!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #6
brookglen
Registered Users

Not in denial, but guarded. My last pregnancy ended before I could even blink. and I am just not able to let myself be truly excited about it yet.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #7
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I don't feel in denial, but usually pregnacy seems unreal until I see the first ultrasound. I just had my IUD out in January and we were NTNP since April...so just 1-2 cycles. Our first son was conceived a few months after our wedding and our second was conceived before I got my first post partum period (DS1 was 14 months). We conceive easily..I just get nervous because I remember my mom having 2 rough m/c when I was in grade school/middle school. Praying all goes well again.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:22 PM   #8
peaches330
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I totally understand, I think I'm still kind of shocked and in denial at times. I seem to switch back and forth from being very excited to being upset that a lot of plans I've been making are gone out the window. Every time I think about those things I keep thinking that surely this isn't REALLY happening . I feel like I'm dreaming it. This baby is a huge surprise and while I'm happy and totally welcome another baby (can't really be mad about that one ) I'm still a little ticked off at DH for this slip up at times and can feel disconnected at certain times.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:07 AM   #9
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddockhouse View Post
Woah, Andrea that is REALLY fast! How long have you had your IUD in? I have a friend who got hers out Dec (or Jan?) and she's been trying this whole time. I know it can take a while after an IUD, she had her's in for about 2 years....
I had my IUD for almost 3 years, but it was the paraguard so there were no hormones. The doctor warned me that I would be fertile immediately after it was removed, I guess I just wasn't expecting the timing to line up so perfectly!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #10
rachaeljohnson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i am in scared denial...we had just decided to be done...then i got a bfp...now all i have done for 24 hours is cry...we had 3 miscarriages between our 2 kids so i also know not to count my very early chickens.
~MY BLOG~

rachaeljohnson is offline   Reply With Quote