Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
MN mamas: How are you in this weather?!?!

I'm in Howard Lake. About an hour ago the sirens went off twice. Most people in the townhomes around us left (I guess they went to the nearby school since we don't have basements- nice to let a fellow mom know!) and there were several tornadoes spotted nearby. Thankfully we're ok. I had DS' playpen set up in the downstairs bathroom just in case. But it looks like we may be in the clear! How's everyone else doing? I hope you're all ok!

Advertisement

Old 06-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
MyPerfectLife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMama13
I'm in Howard Lake. About an hour ago the sirens went off twice. Most people in the townhomes around us left (I guess they went to the nearby school since we don't have basements- nice to let a fellow mom know!) and there were several tornadoes spotted nearby. Thankfully we're ok. I had DS' playpen set up in the downstairs bathroom just in case. But it looks like we may be in the clear! How's everyone else doing? I hope you're all ok!
Where's Howard Lake? I'm in Hudson and we have some stuff coming through now. Not too bad but when DH is out of town I always worry. No basement here either.
Glad you're safe!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum
Abby, SAHM mom to Maddy (10), Benny (7), Annie (3.5),and Joshy (1). Wife to my traveling hub for 11 years! Almost FT student (2nd time around). My life is not perfect, but I keep telling myself if I say it enough I will believe it!
MyPerfectLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #3
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: MN mamas: How are you in this weather?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPerfectLife View Post
Where's Howard Lake? I'm in Hudson and we have some stuff coming through now. Not too bad but when DH is out of town I always worry. No basement here either.
Glad you're safe!

It's right between Hutchinson and Buffalo. Right west down 394 after it turns into Hwy 12.

Hope it doesn't get too bad there mama!
Old 06-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #4
Kenshin
Registered Users
Formerly: jes**e
seller
seller

I'm in St. Paul and just a thunderstorm warning for us. We've been getting text updates, though. We live in a basement apartment, so hopefully we'd be safe enough - no idea where the nearest shelter is.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
MyPerfectLife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMama13

It's right between Hutchinson and Buffalo. Right west down 394 after it turns into Hwy 12.

Hope it doesn't get too bad there mama!
My ODD is at YMCA camp iduhapi, in Loretto (more out your way). I feel sick with worry not having her here with me!

Abby, SAHM mom to Maddy (10), Benny (7), Annie (3.5),and Joshy (1). Wife to my traveling hub for 11 years! Almost FT student (2nd time around). My life is not perfect, but I keep telling myself if I say it enough I will believe it!
MyPerfectLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:35 PM   #6
tasundance
Registered Users
seller
seller

Im in Monticello so pretty close to howard lake. I actually work at the Buffalo Walmart.

It stormed pretty bad with tons of rain, loud thunder, and very windy. The sirens didnt go off here though.
Tricia~29 Married for 11 years to Chad~34. Semi Crunchy mama to Aurora~10, Ethan~8, Jacob~6, Annika~3, Makenna~2, Niko James~1, and blessing #7 due 3/23/14
tasundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #7
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasundance View Post
Im in Monticello so pretty close to howard lake. I actually work at the Buffalo Walmart.

It stormed pretty bad with tons of rain, loud thunder, and very windy. The sirens didnt go off here though.
That's good to hear! It sounded (from the scanner) that most of the tornados were around Hwy 212. There were one or two just west of here, but nothing actually made it here thankfully.