Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #11
Ainmemphis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: If you have older children...

DS is only 2 so as of now he says he wants a baby but he doesn't quite get it. He has in the past tried putting baby dolls in my belly so I guess he knows more than I thought! I'm sure as the months go by and he gets older he will grasp it more.

Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #12
Hunny Bunny Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: KalleS
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are telling the girl 6, 3 & 21 months tonight. They are worried about what is going on because I keep going in for blood draws and am throwing up constantly so now that things look like they are going well it's time...not to mention that I already have a bit of a bump lol. My 16 yo stepson has known for a while...and I just noticed he announced it on facebook, so guess the cat's out of the bag.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:10 AM   #13
mommmy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I usually wait till I'm showing a little so its easier for them to understand/"get" that there is baby growing in mommy's tummy
Emily , SAHM to Ava (08/08), Connor (01/10), Adrian (01/11), Logan (12/11) , Hannah and Olivia (12/12) , and expecting #100
mommmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:50 AM   #14
3princesses+1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My kiddos 7, 5, 2 and 7 mos know. We hadn't wanted to tell them this early but the 7 yo figured it out...littlE nANCY dREW reader. They are excited
Old 06-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #15
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a 5 and 2 year old and I told them when I got my BFP. We've been talking about how baby is in the womb and how I'll get bigger and when baby is big enough he/she will come out. ds2 insists its a sister.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:18 AM   #16
haddockhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My kids don't know yet. They're still young, but I think they'll understand. We don't want to tell them until everyone knows bc I just know my 4yo will be shouting to everyone.
Of course, she *has* heard DH and I talking on several occasions, so I think she's suspicious lol. I asked if she knew anyone who was pregnant and she said "YOU ARE!"
But (without lying lol) I tried to steer her from that convo and say "Well, mommy has lots of friends that are pregnant right now..." And started listing some of my friends who she knows. So maybe she'll think I was just talking about them??
Either way, she hasn't mentioned it again. I can't wait to tell her "officially"... She is going to be SO excited!
haddockhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #17
calleiah
Registered Users
seller

My 13 year old figured it out but we wont tell the little ones for a few more weeks yet if we can avoid it. Probably till after my first appt in July. Plus we're going on vacation in a week and Im not ready for my parents to know yet. They'll probably be less than thrilled.
calleiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #18
quinnNjesse
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by calleiah View Post
My 13 year old figured it out but we wont tell the little ones for a few more weeks yet if we can avoid it. Probably till after my first appt in July. Plus we're going on vacation in a week and Im not ready for my parents to know yet. They'll probably be less than thrilled.

Why do you think your parents will be less than thrilled? I ask cuz I think my mom will be like that too.

My kids are 8 & 10 and if I can I'd like to keep it a secret until at least mid-sept. we will see tho because I was feeling really sick the other day and if it gets bad I don't know if I can hide it that long.
quinnNjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #19
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My boys are 2 and 4. I think I'll hold off telling them "officially" until after my 10 week ultrasound (first official appt). I know they'll be really excited and they'll tell everyone, so just want to hold off until I'm further along. My 4 year old might guess earlier as I've been telling him it hurts my tummy to carry him (my belly does get a bit sore).
Old 06-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #20
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my ds was 5 when I became pregnant with my 3 year old. I told him very early on because he was very worried when he heard me with morning sickness