Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #11
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Glad to hear I'm not the only one struggling!!

My old schedule worked great. I had Monday off to clean and do laundry. Now I have Friday off but it feels like all I do is dig out...not get ahead.

I tried folding as I pulled it out of the dryer...but I have no flat space so it ended up being more of a hassle.

For a very short time I was running one load a day...hanging when I got home then pulling it off the line and folding after I tucked my kids. It worked...but our summer schedule is so hectic I couldn't keep up.

I'm going to try to set a schedule of what loads are washed on which days...maybe then I'll feel more organized.

Advertisement

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #12
agzip03
Registered Users

I am so glad that I am in the same boat as everyone else. I'm home for the summer, so I'm finally starting to sign out of my mess. The house is finally clean And now we are working on the laundry. No usually wait to do the girls laundry until I can't find anything that matches or will sub as pjs. I wash DH and my clothes as we need them, e.g. We run out of clean underwear. We are in ye process of cleaning out the closets and getting rid of a lot of things, so hopefully it won't be as bad. I'm hoping to have some kind of routine so I don't get behind next school year.
agzip03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #13
Levi_Elizabeth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Laundry is very hard here as well! I only wash on weekends. Then DH puts away by mid week and we start all over again. He took over folding and putting away because it was stressing me out. I can never put away except when kids are sleeping and then I can't go in their room; they are sleeping. It is a problem! We pretty much always have clean laundry in baskets in the laundry room. It gets put away. I wash more.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #14
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am 40 weeks 5 days pregnant so soon I will have diapers to be washing every other day.
As of right now I do one medium size load of laundry everyday that way when it comes out if the dryer it is so easy to fold or hang and put away because it is just an outfit for me one for DH one for DSD and a couple socks and under wears. Nothing overwhelming at all
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #15
tart1230
Registered Users
seller

Re: Whats your laundry routine??

In our house we do laundry Mondays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays my usual off days!
tart1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #16
bcb1961
Registered Users
seller
seller

I do diapers, DH's work clothes, DD's clothes, and sheets as needed. I do mine and DH's other clothes every 2 weeks, and the towels the alternating weeks. DH is in charge of putting away his work clothes (although they regularly pile up on the floor for 2 weeks at a time). I try to get stuff folded and put away during the week but usually end up catching up (or trying to) on the weekend.
bcb1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #17
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've been on a "slightly" better schedule lately.

Monday: Boys clothes and sheets (every other week)
Tuesday: One load of my clothes/dh's clothes
Wednesday: diapers and towels (I get off early)
Thursday: 2nd load my clothes/dh's clothes
Friday: Sheets/blankets (catchup on what I missed through the week)
Saturday: *if we are home* catchup
Sunday: Diapers

I'm still not figuring out a very good folding routine...mainly because I hate it.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #18
WannaBeGreen2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a basket for the kids clothes, a basket for my clothes, a basket for hubby's clothes, and a basket for towels. I try to put a load of something in every weekday morning. When I get home from work it's part of my routine to throw that load in the dryer. If I need to wash diapers, I put them in at this time. When the load is dry, I take it out right away and into a clean basket. I fold that clothes while I'm cooking dinner or talking to hubby, etc. I stack all the folded clothes on our bed so it has to be put away before bed. I finish my wash routine of diapers at night then put them on the drying rack in the morning before work and put the rack outside before I leave so they're dry when I get home. I then start that day's laundry. I found that smaller loads are easier to fold and put away. I don't feel guilty washing a set of sheets by themselves or only a couple of days of clothes. I use the "small" setting for water and just go with it.

I do have a loose "routine" for what gets washed when.
M-my clothes
T-boys' clothes
W-hubby's clothes + diaper laundry in p.m
R-sheets and rags
F-towels (I try to also dry them before work in case we go out of town right after work so they're sitting dry in the dryer all weekend and not molding so I occasionally start this load Thursday night if needed)
S/S- another load of diaper laundry and hubby sometimes washes his clothes
WannaBeGreen2011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:39 AM   #19
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think a lot of us working mamas have this issue. It got to the point where I had an entire month's worth of clothes not yet put away! Last weekend, I finally asked DH to help me fold and put away ALL the laundry we had. I had forgotten I owned certain articles of clothes because it had been sitting downstairs for the longest time! The funny thing was, with 2 pairs of hands, we were able to fold and put away all our clothes in half an hour.

Since I work 5 days a week, I do laundry every other day, sometimes every 2 days, and I try my best to put them away as soon as they're dry. However, that can be impossible, and now I'm making a point to ask DH to help on weekends.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #20
blackbirdmama*3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I do 2-3 loads through the week and then the rest on the weekend, usually all in one day. Dh folds and puts them up while he is watching baseball.