Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
nicolejshannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Think we're almost done :(

I am thinking that its getting close to the end of my 8 month old dd's nursing relationship and I'm quite sad by it. She just seems to continually reject me over the past month or so. I'm practically having to force her to nurse and when I can get her to sit still long enough to try she'll suck for about 45 seconds, then pull off, wriggle around, cry out and want nothing to do with me. So sad. We've already replaced one nighttime feeding with a bottle bc she refused to eat from me (I can't keep bottles away from her as I work outside the home). And I think she gets frustrated bc towards the end of the day, I hardly have any milk. If she's really tired, like woken up in the middle of the night tired, I can get her to nurse ok. Other than that, not so much. Even when I wake her in the morning and I'm super full, she'll only nurse a couple minutes each side and then want to explore. I'm getting more out by the 3 pumping sessions I do while at work
I'm trying to make it less sad by telling myself at least I won't have to take all the Dom and supplements I am and that maybe I'll get my body back and that dh can help with feedings now. But I'm still sad thinking about not having our special nursing time anymore.
Anyways, just wanted to vent as dh tries to be supportive and tell me all the positive things about stopping nursing and at least I made it 8 months, but he doesn't understand why I am bummed about it.

Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #2
GreenDahlia
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Think we're almost done :(

I'm so sorry, mama. I know how it feels for that relationship to change.
Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.
~Mae West
GreenDahlia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
nicolejshannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDahlia
I'm so sorry, mama. I know how it feels for that relationship to change.
Thanks. I was really hoping to go a year, but it's just not meant to be
Old 06-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
Greenebean214
Registered Users
seller

I think 8 months is a fantastic accomplishment, don't beat yourself up. Big hugs, Mama!

Welcomed Liberty Grace May 12, 2011!
Greenebean214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #5
nicolejshannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenebean214
I think 8 months is a fantastic accomplishment, don't beat yourself up. Big hugs, Mama!
Thank you!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #6
drkelli
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I completely understand how you feel. I dread that day too. But please understand what a great job you did! If she weans, 8 months is still a very big deal!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #7
lilmomma83
Registered Users

Hey mama, first of all - you did awesome! It's hard to work and pump and breastfeed! Second, it is pretty normal at that age for babies to be distracted...she may regain interest if you keep at it. Third...great job getting to 8 months, and if you feel weaning her is the best decision, its ok...you know best!
lilmomma83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #8
creative*genius
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

HUGS! I am right there with ya. DS has been not really interested since he started walking - just after his birthday. He'll be 14 months Friday! He is only in the 3rd percentile for weight, so after his dr. appt last week I decided I would break down and give him some cow milk at meals since he really isn't doing any full nursings anymore -and he's so small! Well, he LOVED it. And now he will suck down a full cup at meals and even ask for more. Then when it's time for nap or bed - he acts like he wants to nurse, but turns into an acrobat instead! He actually will nurse and stand on his head with his butt up in the air. NUT! And then he's pop on and off - he's very distracted by DD - or anything for that matter (tv, computer, plane outside). And he likes to blow on my nipple and laugh. I am sad, too. I guess I expected I'd get as far as DD, but it doesn't look like it. Though DD did go through a phase where she wasn't interested for a while when she first started walking - then after the newness wore off she actually started nursing better again. Until Christmas time that year. That's when she was sooo busy that she just didn't have time to nurse and quit cold turkey! Anyway, I feel your pain. I'm not ready to give up our little snuggle time yet!
Old 06-23-2012, 08:56 PM   #9
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolejshannon
I am thinking that its getting close to the end of my 8 month old dd's nursing relationship and I'm quite sad by it. She just seems to continually reject me over the past month or so. I'm practically having to force her to nurse and when I can get her to sit still long enough to try she'll suck for about 45 seconds, then pull off, wriggle around, cry out and want nothing to do with me. So sad. We've already replaced one nighttime feeding with a bottle bc she refused to eat from me (I can't keep bottles away from her as I work outside the home). And I think she gets frustrated bc towards the end of the day, I hardly have any milk. If she's really tired, like woken up in the middle of the night tired, I can get her to nurse ok. Other than that, not so much. Even when I wake her in the morning and I'm super full, she'll only nurse a couple minutes each side and then want to explore. I'm getting more out by the 3 pumping sessions I do while at work
I'm trying to make it less sad by telling myself at least I won't have to take all the Dom and supplements I am and that maybe I'll get my body back and that dh can help with feedings now. But I'm still sad thinking about not having our special nursing time anymore.
Anyways, just wanted to vent as dh tries to be supportive and tell me all the positive things about stopping nursing and at least I made it 8 months, but he doesn't understand why I am bummed about it.
Hi mama! Wanted to know how it's going. My almost 8 month old is doing this stuff too. It's driving me crazy!!! U want to nurse till 2 since this will be our last and I had to wean my first early. I will be so depressed if she weans!! She wont take bottles. Wants all our food.
MamaZnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:30 AM   #10
nicolejshannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaZnR View Post
Hi mama! Wanted to know how it's going. My almost 8 month old is doing this stuff too. It's driving me crazy!!! U want to nurse till 2 since this will be our last and I had to wean my first early. I will be so depressed if she weans!! She wont take bottles. Wants all our food.
We're still nursing a little. I started wearing a beaded necklace and that got us through last week because she played with it while nursing. But she's losing interest again. She's only nursing briefly in the am, briefly in the pm, and getting bottles of BM and formula at daycare. My output is dropping everyday and she's preferring a bottle at nighttime, so I am guessing it's just a matter of time.
I am hoping that when I stop the Dom, I'll lose some weight though since I heard that it can make you gain. So there is a positive!
nicolejshannon is offline   Reply With Quote