Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Grrrrr DD was "fired" from her dr office!!

Because she isn't vaxed. And before people get on my tail about it, I get it. I understand that they want to keep kids safe. But it still ticks me off! They said they had an unvaxed newborn in with whopping cough. They are always going to have kids in there who arent conpletely vaxed for stuff bc they are too young to have all their shots. And I honestly think he just kicked her out bc he doesn't like that we don't vax. He (and 2 other colleagues) gave me he77 about it at the last appt.

To top it off this wasn't her ped either. It's her pulmonologist who is treating her for SEVERE asthma! So now I have a child with a serious health issue and a dr who will no longer treat her. What if she runs out of meds and I can't find a dr who will see her?!? She CANNOT get sick like she was before...it was life-threatening. I guess her dr thinks he is going to scare me into vaxing her...ha.

I feel sorry for anyone who rubs me the wrong way today as I'm likely to take out my anger on them

Advertisement

Old 06-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Re: Grrrrr DD was "fired" from her dr office!!

I'm sorry, that's just not fair. What if your child was immune compromised and couldn't get vaxed? I hope you find her a better doctor.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
doodah
Registered Users
seller

It sounds like this might be for the best. Find a doctor that is supportive of your choices and will work within what you feel you are willing to do.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Once I decided not to vax, it was the first question I asked upon ped interviews. Then I moved onto the others. So sorry mama, especially about the asthma treatments

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #5
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

If he is the only one within your area, he can't 'fire' you legally as far as I know...

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
Belbaby3728
Banned

Had same issue with our family doctor. I didn't want her starting shots before 2 months and at 2 months wanted to do 1 maybe 2 shots at a time. I made this clear to him at her first newborn appt and he said he was fine with that, he doesn't force shots onto anyone. Fast forward to her 2 month appt he walks in and says "so are we ready to get some shots" and I said yes but I want to discuss her schedule for them first, and he just went off the deep end saying nope, if she isn't getting all her infant shots today, I can't be her doctor. I was like ok, guess you aren't her doctor anymore, bye bye and walked out. I was beyond pissed off.

Hope you find a new one quickly and easily
Belbaby3728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
lilly12
Registered Users
seller

ARGH!!
As unvaxed kids parents WE should be more scared of vaxed kids, LOL.
Not the other way around.. seriously.

So annoying, really pisses me off.
Thankfully our pediatrician is very supportive of our decision not to vax, he never even asked after the first time we went into the office. He actually said "Good for you".
I feel very lucky.
lilly12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #8
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, we were once "threatened" with being fired - I really cannot stand doctors like that. Does it really help anyone to "fire" the unvaccinated patient? Hope you find a GOOD doctor soon.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #9
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am not sure if there is another pulm close by. This one was already over an hr away and DD needed a referral. I dunno what her ped will say when I call needing a referral to another pulm. Her ped has been great about us not vaxing but he did a crappy job of handling her asthma. I guess I'll be on the hunt now. At least he refilled her scrip so she will be fine for a while.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #10
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly12 View Post
ARGH!!
As unvaxed kids parents WE should be more scared of vaxed kids, LOL.Not the other way around.. seriously.

So annoying, really pisses me off.
Thankfully our pediatrician is very supportive of our decision not to vax, he never even asked after the first time we went into the office. He actually said "Good for you".
I feel very lucky.
Not sure I understand the bolded. I would anticipate that OP's child's doctor is concerned about unvaxed individuals potentially bringing a VPD in to the office full of individuals with lung problems. Children who are immune from those diseases as a result of their vaccinations will not be bringing them into the doctor's office to infect those around them.