Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2012, 01:16 AM   #41
jessicalev8
Registered Users
seller

Re: Grrrrr DD was "fired" from her dr office!!

I'm sorry I know how it is. That's why we rarely go to the doctor and when the kids are sick we are forced to go to the ER. They don't fire patients here because there is only 1 ped in town but she will hound parents if they even question the vaccines.

DD has alopecia (which has been linked to her hep b vax ) and her derm. didn't say a thing when we said we no longer vax. His nurse was actually very supportive of it. But I know that's rare!

Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 04:36 AM   #42
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Caterpillar
The other issue, with a doctor who is doing specialized care, is that he probably would like to have the same philosophy as you do in regards to preventative lung care. It may be that he considers some vaccinations to be especially important to prevent an illness that a child with severe breathing issues, like asthma, could have more difficulty fighting off than a "normal" child. In this case especially, you are better off finding a person who is totally in line with your thinking and has no issue with non-vaxing, and you would then not be dealing with a fundamental difference of opinion in what you consider to be "lung health"
This. My sons pulm would never take us as patients if we weren't fully vaxed without medical reason because they think him getting sick with diseases like whooping cough would be much worse with compromised breathing abilities already. I hope you find a dr more in line with your family.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:40 AM   #43
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl

He never once mentioned that he would like to see DD vaccinated because of her compromised lungs. I get that argument...I really do. It's one that I had with myself. I'm not even saying his decision to kick DD out was wrong. I don't understand why he didn't say something 6 months ago. I'll have to talk to her ped and see of he will refer us to someone else and pray that they aren't too far away. It's mainly just really frustrating. I don't understand the logic behind refusing to keep treating a sick child whose symptoms are life-threatening, at least until we can find someone else. I'm scared she will run out of meds before we find a new dr. She is 100% better now on this med so it just scares the bajesus out of me!
I agree they should have had this discussion on first visit.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote