Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #11
itslilma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Suprise, you have a scheduled RCS

We have a doula as well and I am looking forward to doing everything we can you have a successful birth.

Advertisement

Old 06-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #12
itslilma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well at 6 am this morning my phone rang and it was pre-op! The nurse was asking me where I was, said I was due in at 5 am. I told her that I had canceled the appointment and I was attempting a vbac and she might want to call my OB so he doesn't show up. She was not happy, she said, well we have everything all set up.....o.O sorry, not my fault.

I was upset and had a few tears, I dont want to be defeated and I don't want my dr. to treat me like crap or make up reasons to do a rcs when I am in active labor, or give me an unnecessary stitches. Im not sure if I should call the dr's office and if I do what I would tell them.

Encouragement please.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #13
ChocoChoco
Registered Users

My OB scheduled me for a c section (41+ weeks) when we found out that DD was breech. I had no intention of going and ended up having her at 39 weeks 5 days. 2 weeks after she was born, sure enough the hospital calls and asks where I am for my c section. I told her "umm I had the baby, you may want to start communicating with the doc." Everyone in the OB office knew she was born. The lab people knew because I called and said I wasn't going to show for pre-op bloodwork, etc. etc.

I attribute a lot of your scheduling issues to people being idiots and poor communication. How stressful and sorry you're dealing with it!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
ChocoChoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #14
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You are in charge! You, not the dr or the hospital. You make decisions based on their advice, no more.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #15
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, I can't believe that after telling them twice they didn't cancel it! Don't let them get to you; it's totally their problem and just use it as more incentive to prove that you don't need the c-section until you try for your VBAC first!
Old 06-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #16
jjoneday
Registered Users
seller

How frustrating! Don't let them stress you out...You can do this! Your body knows what to do and your baby knows when the right time to come is! I can say that from experience, as I had a unnecesarean with my first do to trusting that my doctor was doing what was best for me and my baby (very wrong!) and had a wonderful homebirth with my second who was 13 days "late".

Just take a deep breath, pray for strength and patience for your little one to come when the time is right. God is in control of life (i.e. birthdays) not the doctors or hospitals.

Take courage that God has your little one in His hands! I agree with those who said to stay home as long as possible, continue to drink and eat energy boosting foods in case your labor is long. God bless!
jjoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #17
Nimyue
Registered Users
seller

You can do it! I had a home water birth AC last year with DD. Once I was in labor I just Knew everything was fine. Trust yourself and your body and follow your own instincts. I hope your DH/DP is really wonderful and supportive and is ready to keep you from being bullied. I only had one visit with an OB and having DH there to support my decisions was invaluable!
Nimyue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #18
itslilma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ill be posting my birth story, when I have a free chance.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:07 PM   #19
jjoneday
Registered Users
seller

waiting for the birth story...hope it all went well!
jjoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #20
MahinaParis
Registered Users
seller

I agree... Waiting to hear about your birth story... Hope it went the way you wanted it to go.
MahinaParis is offline   Reply With Quote