Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #11
challmeyeralways
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: weekly chat: June 18th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2seth&trey View Post
I've been feeling the same way. I've been emo all last week and tired. Feeling better today. We are going camping next week from sunday - sunday. I'm not sure if I am excited or reserved about it. It is a lot of work to get ready for and then to come home and do all the clean up on top of working.
Sorry about the emotional... I am not sure if I have been or not. I have been really tired all the time, so I know that I have been a bit grumpy, but not sure about the other stuff... I hope you have a great time camping! Going for seven days sounds GREAT! It is so much work that doing the same amount of prep and clean up for only a weekend or so is just not worth it. Let us know how it was when you get back :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemilyon View Post
I don't blame you at all! Camping is SO MUCH WORK and mostly falls on the women, in my experience! But, think campfires and s'mores and fun family memories
My hunny is happy to do all of the physical work, but I am the planner... that part is alot of work. To plan meals and pack each item that is needed from forks to frying pans and staples and ingredients and bug spray and first aid kits to extra outfits because you just never know... that part is my job :-) But I don't think I would be ok with going if it wasnt... DH does NOT think through stuff like that... I would not want to be stranded without ... I don't know... underwear... just because he didn't think that someone might get wet and need spares :-) Buy the memories are TONS of fun!!! I agree! We are supposed to go camping on the 24th of Aug... (LO is due on the 20th and I carry late) So I don't think we are going this year :-( We may go up for the day though and just not do all the work :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato4kids View Post
We're going camping for the 4th of July. Camping is hard work and having to get out of a tent 3x a night to pee will be annoying but the kids will really have a good time so that makes it better, right?!?! ;-)
I was in such a bad mood today. I had to really work to get out of it and I knew it was for no good reason too.
I don't know how private your family is, but we have taken a baby potty into the tent with us several times before... it makes night time needs easier for little ones and preggo mamas :-) Just remember to dump the bowl before it gets tipped by early morning risers :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2seth&trey View Post
Ok, so the dryer guy came today. The craziest part of it all is that the computer on it just needed reset. So if my husband had done what I asked him to do, i.e. unplug it... wait a few minutes... and plug it back in because I can't get to the plug, it would have saved us $40.
I am really glad to have a functioning dryer again.
Sorry to hear about the unnecessary dryer repair fee, but I am glad it is working again :-)

Advertisement

Old 06-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #12
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Um, Christina, you would know if you gave been emo!! It takes over without question!
Old 06-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #13
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have had one of those kind of days. I had to work today and had not gotten the information sent to me that I needed for the visit. So I called to get it. They sent me about 1/4 of what I needed. So on my way I called the Case Manager and got the rest of the info sent to my cell cause I was already at the apointment. But earlier in the day getting ready for this visit the printer wouldn't work to print what I had so far so I called my husband to ask how to fix it and by the end of the conversation I ended up in tears because he gets upset with me when I don't understand his computer lingo. I talk nurse not computers. It was a terrible rush rush morning between the dryer guys, the printer, getting kids ready, figuring out where the paperwork I needed was and getting kids dropped off and getting to the job. So then I get to the appointment and wait for an hour before getting called back. Then the appointment took 1 1/2 hours plus documentation. I had hoped to be able to fax the paperwork back to the Case Manager before closing but we didn't get done till 5:45. Then got stuck in traffic on the way home. When I got home there was a package that had been returned to me because it was over weight by 0.9 oz causing it to need to go priority. Then I tried to figure out how to fax this paperwork back. My husband again got irriated while I was telling him how crazy it was today. Made me cry again. Then for the job tomorrow and Saturday I relized that I have to have scrubs. I don't have a single pair of maternity scrubs and all of the stores that sell them are closed for the night and I don't have time tomorrow. So I made my first pair of maternity scrubs ever. Not perfect but ok. Needless to say I'm tired or worn out may be a better statement.
As far as the package goes. I removed the label from the package it was on and put it into a shipping envelop, instead of a box, so it was down to 10 oz instead of 13.9 oz. Does anyone know if I actually have to pay for shipping all over again of if I can ship it now that it is under the 13 oz for first class.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:22 PM   #14
alliecatn1
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2seth&trey
I have had one of those kind of days. I had to work today and had not gotten the information sent to me that I needed for the visit. So I called to get it. They sent me about 1/4 of what I needed. So on my way I called the Case Manager and got the rest of the info sent to my cell cause I was already at the apointment. But earlier in the day getting ready for this visit the printer wouldn't work to print what I had so far so I called my husband to ask how to fix it and by the end of the conversation I ended up in tears because he gets upset with me when I don't understand his computer lingo. I talk nurse not computers. It was a terrible rush rush morning between the dryer guys, the printer, getting kids ready, figuring out where the paperwork I needed was and getting kids dropped off and getting to the job. So then I get to the appointment and wait for an hour before getting called back. Then the appointment took 1 1/2 hours plus documentation. I had hoped to be able to fax the paperwork back to the Case Manager before closing but we didn't get done till 5:45. Then got stuck in traffic on the way home. When I got home there was a package that had been returned to me because it was over weight by 0.9 oz causing it to need to go priority. Then I tried to figure out how to fax this paperwork back. My husband again got irriated while I was telling him how crazy it was today. Made me cry again. Then for the job tomorrow and Saturday I relized that I have to have scrubs. I don't have a single pair of maternity scrubs and all of the stores that sell them are closed for the night and I don't have time tomorrow. So I made my first pair of maternity scrubs ever. Not perfect but ok. Needless to say I'm tired or worn out may be a better statement.
As far as the package goes. I removed the label from the package it was on and put it into a shipping envelop, instead of a box, so it was down to 10 oz instead of 13.9 oz. Does anyone know if I actually have to pay for shipping all over again of if I can ship it now that it is under the 13 oz for first class.
I don't know the answer to your shipping question, but sorry to hear you had a rough day! Hopefully you'll get some good sleep tonight and feel better in the morning. I refuse to buy maternity scrubs, I wear a tank top and wiggle into what I can. The tank covers the belly that the scrubs don't! I refuse to pay so much since I only work 4 hours a week!

Over the moon!! After 17 months of TTC, our sweet miracle, Corwin Gregory, was born August 29, 2012!! ...And our surprise baby number two, Locklan Thomas, arrived April 18, 2014..... And now surprise NUMBER THREE(!!) is due Dec 28, 2016. We're on a roll now!
alliecatn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:05 PM   #15
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would take it to the post office and ask...yay, one more thing to do
Old 06-21-2012, 07:41 AM   #16
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliecatn1 View Post
I don't know the answer to your shipping question, but sorry to hear you had a rough day! Hopefully you'll get some good sleep tonight and feel better in the morning. I refuse to buy maternity scrubs, I wear a tank top and wiggle into what I can. The tank covers the belly that the scrubs don't! I refuse to pay so much since I only work 4 hours a week!

I am a big girl otherwise I would have just put them under belly and worn a long tank but the only pair I have are mid belly and too tight to even think about wearing. So I was glad I found the fabric downstairs last night. I ended up making the belly panel a little longer than I ment to and they are super wide leg ( I kinda like) but I think they will work. I have to find a really long shirt to cover the pannel.

I called the post office this morning about the package and they said it was fine that I moved the package to an envelope instead of a box to bring shipping under priority. I shouldn't have to pay for it again. So much better.

I think yesterday I had just run so much and nothing seemed to go right I was completely frazzeled and at the end of my rope.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:21 AM   #17
sandyj21
Registered Users
seller

Wow! What a weekend for us. I will never do it again. We Installed a 30 foot above ground pool this weekend. All day Friday and Saturday and then all day Monday and Tuesday. It was so much work. next time we will just have the pool store do it. (like there is going to be a next time.) My husband is so perfect about everything he does though. I really am greatful for that but sometimes it can be exhausting when it is 8:30 pm and he wants to "just make sure it is level one more time." Tuesday night he had to leave for a work trip. He left me to get the wrinkles out of the liner and start filling the thing. Anyways ending, I did a great job on the liner and it felt so nice to put my fat swollen feet in the cold water and install the top rails as it was filling up. It is going to take a few days to fill. We are talking about 20,000 gallons of water. yikes. But It will be soooo nice for my swelling!!!! Yay for a pretty pool.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:44 PM   #18
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

Now for a relaxing pool pix! You need a lil (non- alcohol) drink with an umbrella... :-)

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #19
sandyj21
Registered Users
seller

Maybe I will finally have the guts to add a pic of my belly. it is huge!! but that water is going to feel good.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:40 PM   #20
pkaskaggs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH just told me this evening that he has a job interview tomorrow! he said he wanted to wait and see how it went and then surprise me when it was a done deal but he was too excited. silly man! it is with his same company but at a location that's 30 minutes away verses the hour and 15 minute commute he has been making for the past 2 years.

fingers crossed!!!!!!!
pkaskaggs is offline   Reply With Quote