Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #11
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: normal 5/6 year old behavior?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
yes but not until after the baby comes they are 45 minutes away and dh has the car all week for work so it would have to be a weekend. we've tried to get together it just hasnt happened yet

Yes 45 minutes is def. more than just a short trip across town. With so much going on it would be hard to schedule. She is a very good girl who is just going through some learning and figuring things out. I probably don't even have to say this to you but maybe just being extra affectionate will help to get over the hump.

Advertisement

Old 06-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #12
sandrc
Registered Users
seller

sounds like my DD from 5-6 years. she's outgrowing it (it seems so anyway) now. she turned 7 a couple months ago.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:07 AM   #13
doodah
Registered Users
seller

my 4.5 year old is such a tween lately. so much drama over the simpliest requests. I think part of it is that she is bored and ready for school in the fall. I just try to stay calm, keep all the rules in place and enjoy the sweet side of her when it chooses to emerge.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #14
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm going with yes, most of that sounds completely normal and the rest sounds like just trying to process a lot of changes all at once. I don't have a 5 year old girl yet, but both of my bffs have 6-7 year old girls and they totally went & are going through it.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #15
pharmmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD is 5&1/2 and it's about 50/50. Half of the time she is the model of little girl perfection. The other half of the time she's a 13 year old drama queen and everything is worthy of tears and wailing. you are not alone
Pharmacist, wife to a nerdy chemist, and proud mama to Leta (12/2006), Derek (4/2009) and Viola (7/2012). Now if only I could figure out a way to quit my job and still pay my student loans all would be well with the world.
pharmmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #16
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like my 6 year old DS...he was worse with the drama at 5, now at 6 its all attitude. I made some comment to a friend on facebook and my aunt asked how old he was again, then said she had a friend married to a Chinese guy, and apparently he says its some kind of saying over there that "not even a dog likes a 6 year old" Not sure if that's really true...but I can definitely agree with that feeling sometimes.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:02 AM   #17
alyssa&rylan's-mommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

It sounds very similar to how my 4.5 yo has been acting lately, so I say totally normal. The upset of missing her cousins is probably just adding to it
alyssa&rylan's-mommy is offline   Reply With Quote