Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2012, 06:13 AM   #21
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hand, Foot and Mouth?

My kids have been feverish for the past 24-48 hours... and just heard from 2 other moms at daycare that their kids who had fevers earlier in the week are diagnosed with HFMD. BOO! Today is my first day of a 12 day vacation and we have out of town guests coming from the other side of the country in just 2 days... and they're bringing their 3 year old and 8 year old

Advertisement

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:20 AM   #22
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Put us on the list of battling it right now. My 19 month old picked it up from daycare. His rash doesn't seem terrible and his is only a rash on arms and legs with no blisters. He won't let us look in his mouth, but the ped did yesterday and it sounds like he has sores in there and is eating less. Hopefully it is gone soon.
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:34 AM   #23
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721
My kids have been feverish for the past 24-48 hours... and just heard from 2 other moms at daycare that their kids who had fevers earlier in the week are diagnosed with HFMD. BOO! Today is my first day of a 12 day vacation and we have out of town guests coming from the other side of the country in just 2 days... and they're bringing their 3 year old and 8 year old
I'm SO sorry!! I hope your babies find relief quickly . My ydd had a fever on Monday (only 100) and my yds had a high fever for 12 hours (104) on Wednesday but no rashes or bumps yet..... I am terribly paranoid though and keep checking them. My mom flies in on Wednesday this week for 10 days

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:36 AM   #24
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStripe
Put us on the list of battling it right now. My 19 month old picked it up from daycare. His rash doesn't seem terrible and his is only a rash on arms and legs with no blisters. He won't let us look in his mouth, but the ped did yesterday and it sounds like he has sores in there and is eating less. Hopefully it is gone soon.
Awww sorry mama! I really hope he feels better soon!

Would anyone be willing to share a picture of the rash on their kiddo? I only see the worst on google and I'd like to know what a mild case can look like too.

How long should we stay secluded and watch for a rash? If it develops how long do we stay secluded then?

Old 06-30-2012, 11:01 PM   #25
MamaNotes
Registered Users

My Mood:
I just posted a question about this, should have seen this thread first....

If it wS in an enclosed area, I'd probably keep my kids home.
MamaNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:35 PM   #26
acwakip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS (18 months) was just diagnosed with it yesterday. He has been feeling yucky and has had a high fever most of the week. Pair that with a double ear infection and diarrhea and he is one miserable guy. Keep your kids home!

He had spots on his face on Friday so I decided to take him to the doc. He now has spots all over his body but no blisters yet. I am praying that it doesn't get worse.
acwakip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:37 PM   #27
acwakip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I will try to get a pic or two tomorrow.
acwakip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:20 AM   #28
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
All 4 of my kids had it in march. They felt horrible during the fever stage. About 3 days of high 102-103 temps! Then there was 2 days of just sore throat, then the blisters showed up. They felt fine with the blisters, complained very little about them. But they were quite irritated that I kept them quarantined after they were feeling better.

I have a couple of pics of the bumps/blisters on my 2 year old. His was a milder case.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:04 AM   #29
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sorry so many kidlets are dealing with this . Thanks to the pp who shared a photo, that's helpful. We don't have any bumps or spots yet... My dd had a fever on Monday and ds3 on Wednesday but nothing since then and both are acting fine other than snot and coughs. I want to think that nothing will develop if it's ready been so many days but who knows.

Wwyd?

Old 07-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #30
savingmomof2boys
Registered Users
seller
seller

We are currently battling this also. My almost 4 year old had it last week. He had a fever for 24 hours and would only eat yogurt and ice cream for about 2 days because of the mouth sores. Luckily he didn't get any sores on his hands or feet.

My 10 month old started with the fever last night and still has the fever. I can see a few sores in his mouth and he is starting to get them on his feet. He is absolutely miserable. He has had 3 bottles today but I am starting to get worried about dehydration because it has been a few hours since he has had a wet diaper. I have a feeling we will be making a trip to the er tonight if he doesn't get some fluids in him soon.

Join me on Swag Bucks to earn Free Giftcards!

Also Earning CASH with Jingit!!
savingmomof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote