Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #11
TalkinBoutMyGirl's Avatar
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 13,180
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie

Well whats done is done. Try to push the head to the top and then dig it out with the tweezers.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Omg I can't imagine doing that to a newborn

Advertisement

__________________
Anna - Gazelle intense with mywife Rachel and Hailey (6) our little
Swag with Me!
TalkinBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #12
kushie tushie's Avatar
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,108
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl

Omg I can't imagine doing that to a newborn
Thats what the doc will do. The head needs to come out. As long as the head is in it can release saliva that can contain pathogens and possible lyme.

Then follow up with the doc so you can have some blood work done. Lyme isnt something to mess with. Especially in a newborn. mama! I'm sorry this happened to you!

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
__________________
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #13
kushie tushie's Avatar
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,108
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl

Omg I can't imagine doing that to a newborn
I'm confused by the tone. Are you just saying you cant imagine doing that do a newborn or are you saying "whoa crazy lady! Thats awful".

The head is the most dangerous part. it sucks but needs to be done.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
__________________
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #14
Mac & Cheeses mom's Avatar
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Nj
Posts: 6,289
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie

Thats what the doc will do. The head needs to come out. As long as the head is in it can release saliva that can contain pathogens and possible lyme.

Then follow up with the doc so you can have some blood work done. Lyme isnt something to mess with. Especially in a newborn. mama! I'm sorry this happened to you!

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
This! I know it's hard but it needs to be done. I would help but.... Probably to far to.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
__________________
Mom to Breille (cheese) 9-14-00 & Mackenzie (Mac) 12-31-10
I do know how to spell, my smartphone does not.
Mac & Cheeses mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #15
TalkinBoutMyGirl's Avatar
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 13,180
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie

I'm confused by the tone. Are you just saying you cant imagine doing that do a newborn or are you saying "whoa crazy lady! Thats awful".

The head is the most dangerous part. it sucks but needs to be done.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
I'm saying I can't imagine having to squeeze that out of a newborns arm. I realize it has to come out and it won't be pretty.
__________________
Anna - Gazelle intense with mywife Rachel and Hailey (6) our little
Swag with Me!
TalkinBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #16
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,192
Re: Help! Tick head stuck in newborns arm

Thanks mamas. I'm going to try to get it out as soon as I calm myself down enough.
CutiePatootiesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:36 AM   #17
kushie tushie's Avatar
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,108
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl

I'm saying I can't imagine having to squeeze that out of a newborns arm. I realize it has to come out and it won't be pretty.
It was just a matter of fact post and I couldnt figure out if you thought it was too much or if you were just sad for the baby.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
__________________
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #18
TalkinBoutMyGirl's Avatar
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hogwarts
Posts: 13,180
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie

It was just a matter of fact post and I couldnt figure out if you thought it was too much or if you were just sad for the baby.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Just sadness. There won't be a gentle way to do it and it's just a sucky situation.
__________________
Anna - Gazelle intense with mywife Rachel and Hailey (6) our little
Swag with Me!
TalkinBoutMyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #19
kushie tushie's Avatar
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,108
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePatootiesMama
Thanks mamas. I'm going to try to get it out as soon as I calm myself down enough.
Are you nursing? If you are why don't you nurse her and you both can settle down and then try when you both have settled down.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
__________________
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #20
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,192
Re: Help! Tick head stuck in newborns arm

Yes I am nursing thank goodness because it is calming her down really quickly. Just not me. I just tried again and the tweezers are way too big, I can't get it. I'd need a needle or something to get it out, but that really scares me and dh had the sewing kit last and he stopped taking my calls so I can't ask him where it is. And poor dd's arm is so irritated from me poking and pinching it. Sorry now I'm just venting. This is so upsetting
CutiePatootiesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.