Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
AngelicasMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
my dd just puked...should i be worried??

We stayed at my moms overnight last night and we were outside a fair amount yesterday too. Today we've been inside but are in and out of the house to sit/play in the yard. I don't think dd was outside for more than 20 mins at a time. She usually doesn't drink much water even though I very rarely buy juice so its not like she thinks I'll give her juice instead. But since its so hot out lately I let her have a splash of juice in her water and she downs it.
Today she ate: 1 egg and half a green smoothie
1 cup milk
2 small bowls of Cheerios w/ a bit of milk
3-4 grapes
We left my moms at noon. I had to get groceries and dd was falling asleep so my mom and step dad stayed in the car while I ran in. I was in about 25 mins. I got out at 12:45 and dd was awake but quiet. She was very warm and sweaty. About 5 mins or so later, she's chewing on her snippy cup spout and starts coughing. Then she just started puking EVERYWHERE. It was the Cheerios and milk that came up and it smelled like sour milk
She's acting fine now, we stripped her down after we got home and she's in a cool bath now and chattering away as usual.
Dd has NEVER thrown up before (she's 2) so it was s bit scary. Were not going outside again today but I'm wondering if there's anything I should do/avoid doing? I prob won't give her anymore milk today.
Tia!

Advertisement

AngelicasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
emerino
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicasMommy
We stayed at my moms overnight last night and we were outside a fair amount yesterday too. Today we've been inside but are in and out of the house to sit/play in the yard. I don't think dd was outside for more than 20 mins at a time. She usually doesn't drink much water even though I very rarely buy juice so its not like she thinks I'll give her juice instead. But since its so hot out lately I let her have a splash of juice in her water and she downs it.
Today she ate: 1 egg and half a green smoothie
1 cup milk
2 small bowls of Cheerios w/ a bit of milk
3-4 grapes
We left my moms at noon. I had to get groceries and dd was falling asleep so my mom and step dad stayed in the car while I ran in. I was in about 25 mins. I got out at 12:45 and dd was awake but quiet. She was very warm and sweaty. About 5 mins or so later, she's chewing on her snippy cup spout and starts coughing. Then she just started puking EVERYWHERE. It was the Cheerios and milk that came up and it smelled like sour milk
She's acting fine now, we stripped her down after we got home and she's in a cool bath now and chattering away as usual.
Dd has NEVER thrown up before (she's 2) so it was s bit scary. Were not going outside again today but I'm wondering if there's anything I should do/avoid doing? I prob won't give her anymore milk today.
Tia!
Sorry, mama! Poor baby! My kids rarely puke,,thankfully, but I know how awful it is. You're supposed to avoid milk when it's a stomach virus. I would just avoid it until she hasn't thrown up/diarrhea for 24 hours. Get her to just rest, put on a movie, and try to get her to drink fluids.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
AngelicasMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: my dd just puked...should i be worried??

After her bath, I put in her fave, Sesame Street lol. She was pretty content with that.
She recently started drinking almond milk, that should be ok shouldn't it? As long as it's not dairy I think.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
MacyKM
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My DD gets car sick do she always pukes- no fever and acting normal- id say your good to go!
Sorry- nak

For Custom Embroidery- It's Sew Macy
MacyKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
Mac & Cheeses mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yeah, on hot data avoid the milk. It can sour in their Tummy's.

I only give DD her 2 cups a day both in the AM before its wicked hot. If I know it's going to be really hot we might skip milk altogether and get dairy in a cheese which is not likely to sour.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 06-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

She could have been over heated, or it could be a virus.

Like someone else said, I'd avoid milk and dairy for 24 hours, and just keep an eye on her. Try to keep her hydrated, and monitor for fever and for acting "off."

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #7
AngelicasMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Dd has drank about 20 oz of juice/water today, and still her last 2-3 diapers I changed were barely wet. I changed her at about 11:45 before we left my moms, then again when we got home at about 1:30. She got a bath then had a new diaper at about 2:15, and I just changed it and same, barely wet at all. She has been drinking more fluids than she usually does so I'm not sure why she isn't peeing? Just took her temp, it's 38.6. She is acting completely normal.
Edited to add, she had wet diapers this morning before leaving my moms, one was so wet she leaked through her diaper/clothes. It's only since leaving my mom's that she isn't peeing enough.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #8
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like she was probably over-heated in the car - both of my kids have done that. However, DS and I are currently suffering from a stomach bug with a fever, so I wouldn't rule that out. Nothing exciting just try to keep her hydrated (juice, koolaid, etc are better than water & milk - my kids will immediately puke water if their tummies are upset), jello, popcicles. If she can keep liquids down, toast, pasta/rice, etc. We do a LOT of stomach bugs around here, so I tend to do a modified diet for at least 24 hours after.