Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #1
Registered Users
Quiet Time Help

My DD is nearly four and up until recently I would have her take a "quiet rest" when her brother (15months) went down for a nap. She would sometimes fall asleep, but when she did it made bed time very difficult. So I no longer have her rest in her room, but I need some ideas on what to have her do. I want to give her a quiet activity she can do on her own so I can get things done without having to keep an eye on her. I usually let her watch a little tv and then give her some books to look at. We have also tried writing in a journal, coloring, play dough, bucket of dry beans, and lacing shapes. She liked all of these, but I need more. Any ideas?

emconigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Quiet Time Help

Quiet time in our house, especially for my 4-year-old, is laying on the couch watching Food Network. She has to lay quietly for an hour - if she's asleep, great, if not, off we go to the rest of our day. When DS is home, he goes to his room to read. No playing, no getting up, etc. Alternative is in bed in her room looking at books. Sometimes she has a screaming fit about the whole thing but I try to stay consistent.
Carly, momma to Matthew (5/2/05) and Jillian Grace (4/30/08) My Knitting Gallery Open for Customs
cmarsh31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

puzzles, paper dolls (the magnetic wooden types)
SAHM to Magnolia May (09/10) and Luke Russett (04/13) and wife and best friend to my airman.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:
Puzzle books. My girls will do mazes, hidden objects, word searches, ect for hours
House Goddess & mama to 8 yr old princess L , 6 yr old mama magnet J and 9mos old love bug C

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #5
My Mood:

rest/quiet time here we watch a fav show or movie, color, play with the nook, I put DD in the stroller and go for a walk let her have a snack and drink.
married to my hot hubby soccer player beach mama to 2boys 1 girl and a doodle.
tusheez is offline   Reply With Quote