Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2012, 04:28 AM   #11
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Re: How do you tell others when you are expecting again?

Do it in a fun way! If you announce it as a big announcement say, "We are sooo happy and feel so blessed to announce #5 will be making an appearance ....."

Or you can wrap up an ultrasound pic in a frame and give it to both sides and say, "we have a huge, fun, sweet, adorable present for you!"

Or have the siblings tell everyone.

Wear a cute shirt that says, "baby" with an arrow or something like that...

Tell everyone just like it was your 1st or 2nd!

Advertisement

raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:47 AM   #12
mommaagain
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like the shirt idea and also letting the big kids tell. I may combine the two

I'm not ready to tell yet, and DH is still wrapping his head around it. I'm going to NYC with my bff's in 3 wks to celebrate us all turning 40 this year. There's no way I'll be able to keep my secret all weekend. I'd prefer to tell family first so I've got a couple weeks to figure it out.
mommaagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #13
omahamama731
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We're hoping to conceive in the next 6mos, so I've thought about this... it will either be a photo of my 3 kids' feet lined up biggest to smallest & a pair of baby booties at the end. or a pic of everyone on the couch with this caption "we thought the couch looked a little empty, so we've got someone on the way to help fill it." we have an enormous sectional couch that is 10' in each direction with a 4' square ottoman. plenty of room for more kids
Old 06-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #14
sdodge
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here is what we just did. I wanted to avoid negative comments since this was #5, so I attached this photo and wrote this verse on top (on fb):

"Children are a blessing of the LORD; they are a gift from Him." Psalms 127:3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Publication1.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	109993  
Old 06-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #15
Earthmama97
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdodge View Post
Here is what we just did. I wanted to avoid negative comments since this was #5, so I attached this photo and wrote this verse on top (on fb):

I LOVE this idea. I am so going to do this if we get a #5 blessing!! Great idea.
Earthmama97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #16
TripleMbride
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdodge

Love this idea!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 07-16-2012, 07:13 AM   #17
Ky-Momma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't posted it yet, but when the time comes, I have a pic of all four kids, the boys are wraring Big Brother shirts and the Older girl has a Big Sister shirt (they got these when DD2 wasnorn) then the one year old is sitting proudly in the front with a onesie that say's "Proud BIG Sister" on it. I'll post it then wait to see if they get it. LOL
Momma to four little miracles! E 07-23-2006 35wks, J 08-15-2007 32wks, A 04-21-2009 34wks, K 07-06-2011 39wks cautiously expecting #5 in Feb '13
Ky-Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #18
momof3boysNC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We're expecting #5 too.

We were a little nervous telling my husband's parents. They came over the day after we found out. My husband could barely keep a straight face before he blurted out "Well we're going to have a basketball team in January." It only took his Mom a few seconds to figure it out. We are very close to his parents so we weren't nervous to tell them thinking their reaction would be negative, they love being grandparents.

Now I am not excited to tell other people. We already get enough annoying comments from strangers.

You're not nuts and I don't think more children is a bad decision, I love our full and noisy house(most of the time!).

Congratulations!!!
Due with monkey #6 in August
Custom made Crochet dolls!
momof3boysNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:37 PM   #19
taylor's mom
Registered Users

we're due friday with #4 and i went the cowards route this time. i waited till 20wks along and then mailed my nana an ultrasound pic. then everyone else found out via facebook. i posted the pic with the caption... "yes we're happy, no it wasn't an accident, yes we know how this happens, yes we know our hands are full and we like it that way". i figured it would take care of anyone's nosey questions and jokingly get across that we didn't need/want critisism. it worked because the only one who said anything was my nana who asked if it was planned.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #20
TripleMbride
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor's mom
we're due friday with #4 and i went the cowards route this time. i waited till 20wks along and then mailed my nana an ultrasound pic. then everyone else found out via facebook. i posted the pic with the caption... "yes we're happy, no it wasn't an accident, yes we know how this happens, yes we know our hands are full and we like it that way". i figured it would take care of anyone's nosey questions and jokingly get across that we didn't need/want critisism. it worked because the only one who said anything was my nana who asked if it was planned.
This is perfect! Just answering all the nosey questions up front!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum