Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-20-2012, 11:23 PM   #21
Registered Users
Re: How do you tell others when you are expecting again?

Love that caption for a photo We have a 5 yr old and a 14 month old and are due in September. We tried to concieve for 3 years before we got our 14 month old so back to back pregnancies was a blessing to us when we thought we would continue to have fertility issues. Its also been my healthiest pregnancy so far (I had HG with my other two and lost lots of weight). Even though its only our 3rd I think because of the close spacing after a 4 yr difference between the other two people assumed it was an accident. We just left it all in Gods timing and we felt all along that we would be blessed sooner rather than later this time around. We still got so many "Do you know how this happens?"...."you know he can get fixed" comments from people.

princessizziesmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:38 AM   #22
Registered Users

Originally Posted by taylor's mom View Post
we're due friday with #4 and i went the cowards route this time. i waited till 20wks along and then mailed my nana an ultrasound pic. then everyone else found out via facebook. i posted the pic with the caption... "yes we're happy, no it wasn't an accident, yes we know how this happens, yes we know our hands are full and we like it that way". i figured it would take care of anyone's nosey questions and jokingly get across that we didn't need/want critisism. it worked because the only one who said anything was my nana who asked if it was planned.
I love this, we might have to do this with the next baby.
Wife to M,BF'ing, CD'ing, BWing, Non-circing, Co-sleeping,Christ following, Mama to J (07/03/10) and L(04/25/2012) and newbieS (10/08/13)
allisonmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #23
Registered Users
My Mood:

I've already planned how to tell people we are expecting #4, even though I'm currently pregnant with #3. The announcement for #4 will look like this - me wearing a shirt that says 'baby' on the belly, and the 3 girls wearing shirts that say 'big sister' 'bigger sister' and 'biggest sister'.

I also knew I might get some weird comments from my mom, so I decided to take a video of the heartbeat and send it to her and with a caption 'Congratulations Grandma!' This gave her time to pocess her own negative emotions before calling me, so that hopefully she'd be in the right frame of mind to say Congratulations and not something negative.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #24
Registered Users
My Mood:

Updated OP
Jenn, happily married to 10/96,
mom to 12/01, and 3/04,
momma again to 1/10, and a new baby 3/13
mommaagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #25
Formerly: Boomer
My Mood:

I love that~congrats!!!

When I was pregnant with #4, I didn't announce it. I was SO hurt by the reactions when we announced #3 that I didn't bother telling anyone with #4. For some weird reason, I didn't show until I was about 16 weeks pregnant (I showed very early with kids 2 & 3) and I just showed up one day with a baby belly. People didn't know what to say to me because it was one of those "I am pretty sure that is a baby belly but don't want to say anything just in case" situations.
A real woman always has a clean house, an empty laundry basket, smells good, is well made-up, slim, healthy, eloquent, and perfectly well behaved...I suspect I am a man.
Psychomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #26
Registered Users
My Mood:

We are trying for #4 and I plan on doing a photo announcement. I love the above idea of their feet big to small with baby booties at the end <3. I was also thinking since I regularily get the comment "wow, you have your hands full" I would want to do a pic with my and DH hands palm up open with something to signify each of our 3 children and a baby with a quote saying something like "Filling our hands a little more, yes we are expecting #4 (or Here comes blessing #4)"
Aleah Happily married to Paul my NAVY corpseman!
SAHM to Zander (9/16/09) ,Drezden (12/16/2010) , Syler (5/16/2012) and Ryker (8/9/2013) Katara (3/1/2015)
AleahDeann is offline   Reply With Quote