Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
missc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
SSCs and getting my LO to tolerate front carry?

I have a couple of questions that in hoping someone might be able to help me with? I have a Sweet Pea sling that I like. DS (13lbs amd 7 weeks, strong lil guy) doesn't fit as well in it as my DDs did, but it's working for me. He loves to be cradle carried (I think that's what it's called?); I'm careful with his legs. But, this carrier only fits me.
I've been looking at SSCs...I tried him in a Boba shortly today. He really doesn't seem to like front carry and was fussing a bit. I was hoping that a buckle SSC might be easier for my Dh and DSs grandparents to use when they watch him. Has anyone else found this to be he case?
And I'm worried to spend a lot of money on an Ergo or the Boba just to find that DS can't acclimate to the front carry position (he loves to see what's going on and face out when I hold him). Has anyone's LO started out not liking a position and learned to tolerate/like it?
Thanks

Advertisement

Old 06-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
Gita
Registered Users
Formerly: MiamiBaby
seller

My Mood:
Re: SSCs and getting my LO to tolerate front carry?

He may just be a little small for the front carry. I started with an SSC at about 2 months as the kids hated them before then. Can DS hold his head well and look around so he can look out the sides? Are his legs positioned correctly and his hips comfortable? (those were issues I had)

And check out frogmama's awesome trial program - much better to try a couple of different carriers to find which works then to buy/resell (yup, unfortunately that was me ) as I didn't know of this program at first.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
missc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gita
He may just be a little small for the front carry. I started with an SSC at about 2 months as the kids hated them before then. Can DS hold his head well and look around so he can look out the sides? Are his legs positioned correctly and his hips comfortable? (those were issues I had)

And check out frogmama's awesome trial program - much better to try a couple of different carriers to find which works then to buy/resell (yup, unfortunately that was me ) as I didn't know of this program at first.
Thanks, that helps! I'll check out the trial program. Awesome!
Old 06-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #4
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My girls both cried in front carries until they were ready to have their legs spread that far apart. I tried multiple times and if they cried, I knew they weren't ready. At 7 weeks I would say he isn't ready to be carried that way.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
monkey's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS cried in every SSC I tried except the Kinderpack. I bought an Infant adjustable used off of the Swap and he LOVES it!
monkey's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #6
missc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I will wait for a bit then. Thanks for the feedback!